• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SEC coaching jobs...

I’m a Georgia fan, but I have to ask.....When are the folks in Louisiana going to something about that sorry ass AD and Head Coach? The same goes for Auburn and Gus.

Yesterday was a great day for the SEC.....but a minor overcast was thrown on the conference with that pitiful performance by LSU and Auburn.

I understand the reluctance to enter the coaching search after what Tennessee went through, but both the LSU and Auburn programs will most likely pay a price next season for it. Don’t get me wrong, I have no real love for either program, but I hate to see two once strong programs slide into conference mediocrity and choke like a Heimlich Maneuver training aid in the bowl season.
LOL! You obviously don't follow LSU football. We were two missed chipped shots (or horrible missed PI call on ND's TD), from our first 10 win season since 2013 and we had our highest conference finish since 2011! It's the guy's FIRST full year. Even the all evil Nick Saban only had 2 of his 5 years at LSU with more wins. LSU's current problem is not head coaching. No, Orgeron may not be the greatest head coach to pace the sidelines but he's better than we've had since Saban and for a while prior, and for several reasons he was the right pick. While I may not fire Canada after one year (still yet to be seen if that's happening) that is where they need to concentrate. You pay a guy that kind of money and get zero improvement on that side of the ball, it's time to look elsewhere. LSU, like UGA had been under Richt, continually UNDER performs based on their recruiting class for the last several years. You are right, eventually that catches up with you. We'll see. LSU only has a few spots left and yeah the loss didn't help but they have a solid class and hopefully for once we 'might' have an average or hopefully above average QB taking the helm. Still can't believe we don't have a kicker. Those guys are HORRIBLE.
Enjoy your moment of glory. Kirby seems to be a good guy (could have done without the celebratory F bomb on national TV yesterday) and Fromm is only going to get better you have to assume. Should be good times in Athens for at least the near future. I hope they win it all next week.

LOL! You obviously don't follow LSU football. We were two missed chipped shots (or horrible missed PI call on ND's TD), from our first 10 win season since 2013 and we had our highest conference finish since 2011! It's the guy's FIRST full year. Even the all evil Nick Saban only had 2 of his 5 years at LSU with more wins. LSU's current problem is not head coaching. No, Orgeron may not be the greatest head coach to pace the sidelines but he's better than we've had since Saban and for a while prior, and for several reasons he was the right pick. While I may not fire Canada after one year (still yet to be seen if that's happening) that is where they need to concentrate. You pay a guy that kind of money and get zero improvement on that side of the ball, it's time to look elsewhere. LSU, like UGA had been under Richt, continually UNDER performs based on their recruiting class for the last several years. You are right, eventually that catches up with you. We'll see. LSU only has a few spots left and yeah the loss didn't help but they have a solid class and hopefully for once we 'might' have an average or hopefully above average QB taking the helm. Still can't believe we don't have a kicker. Those guys are HORRIBLE.
Enjoy your moment of glory. Kirby seems to be a good guy (could have done without the celebratory F bomb on national TV yesterday) and Fromm is only going to get better you have to assume. Should be good times in Athens for at least the near future. I hope they win it all next week.
I actually do follow LSU football, along with a few other SEC teams. And I understand your supportive points, but they actually are kind of what I am talking about. Since when is “almost winning 10 games” like we did 4 yrs ago, or we almost won our bowl game despite or crappy special teams play, or our head coach might not be the best but he’s better that Les Miles a rallying cry for a program that should be competitive for the SEC/ National championship. I just don’t think Orgeron, who appears to me to have done nothing to change the almost good enough atmosphere that is becoming part of the Tigers recent history, is the man needed to restore LSU to it rightful place on the national level. And now replacing the support staff may be the road the AD is headed down. The old UGA strategy that led to 14 years of almost good enough football. I hope I am wrong, but I fear LSU is headed down the road of mediocrity, and that would be sad for such a storied program.

I actually do follow LSU football, along with a few other SEC teams. And I understand your supportive points, but they actually are kind of what I am talking about. Since when is “almost winning 10 games” like we did 4 yrs ago, or we almost won our bowl game despite or crappy special teams play, or our head coach might not be the best but he’s better that Les Miles a rallying cry for a program that should be competitive for the SEC/ National championship. I just don’t think Orgeron, who appears to me to have done nothing to change the almost good enough atmosphere that is becoming part of the Tigers recent history, is the man needed to restore LSU to it rightful place on the national level. And now replacing the support staff may be the road the AD is headed down. The old UGA strategy that led to 14 years of almost good enough football. I hope I am wrong, but I fear LSU is headed down the road of mediocrity, and that would be sad for such a storied program.
Did I read correctly that LSU and Auburn both have $25 MILLION buyout clauses?!? How is that even possible?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Wow.
Its not a "rallying cry". Its an objective assessment. They are better than they have been of late and he's been there ONE YEAR. They have a better record than Saban's first year for crying out loud. Good grief.... Maybe they should have never hired Saban??!?! LSU has a history of mediocrity. The were good in the late 80s when I was there and after I graduated the wheels fell off. But I'm sure that's just a coincidence. ;) And of course Saban had that one championship.
But you are right Les did damage the brand and Ed may not be the one to prepare such a situation. Recruiting top 10 teams year after year after year and performing WELL below that takes its toll. Its what has been so infuriating. If you think it was aggravating as a UGA fan, imagine being an LSU fan with their classes over the last 10 years (2007 not withstanding)
But fear not. NO COACH will be there 14 years without bringing home multiple championships. If LSU isn't playing for the SEC championship in the next 2 years, Ed is gone. Such is life in the SEC, courtesy of Saban...

Did I read correctly that LSU and Auburn both have $25 MILLION buyout clauses?!? How is that even possible?

Don't know about Auburn but Orgerons buyout is currently at $12m. Then each year it drops. $8m, $6.m, then $4.5m. He is the LOWEST paid coach in the SEC west.

Not sure what Malzahh’s buyout is but he just inked a 7 year 49 million dollar deal to stay at Auburn. He buyout is probably pretty high.

$12 Million buyout for a guy with a 31-33 career record. Man, the people running college athletics are morons.

You just know they’ll sign him to an extension after going 8-4 next year, then fire him in 2019

Back
Top Bottom