• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Semi auto belt fed rifles ? Sweet or stupid?

Semi auto belt fed rifles . Yay or Ghey?

• Yay! I can actually own a Bren gun or a Mg42 without paying $20,000+

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Ghey! What kind of loser buys a semi belt fed ?

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Depends on price and how bad I want that platform

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Tacos

Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters

sovietak474u

Default rank 5000+ posts
My honor is loyalty
380   0
Reaction score
This is a subject that I’ve debated with a few people . Most people shut them down and automatically assume they are useless unless they are full auto. Which is kinda funny since all of them own AR and AK type rifles that are neurered too. Same thing.

For me it’s not about loss of full auto but owning the firearm I’m hunting. I’ve always wanted a Czech UK VZ59. I wanted the whole smash like on my poster :

FFDB1DFA-70DB-48FA-9D81-9DC4687D28B9.jpeg

There are exactly ZERO vz59 transferable machine guns out there. So I only had two options :

1. Get a SOT and work the system so I can get what I want .

2. Spend $2,000+ dollars more on a semi version than what an SOT can get the full auto version for .

I had to bite the bullet and get the semi version. I figured they were lame at first... I’m not going to lie . Semi auto belt fed rifle just sounds lame . I had to have one so here it sits . Exactly the same as shown on poster. The optic took me the most time to get . It was tough.

00D46D12-C0CA-4BB2-B343-F471ABA6130D.jpeg

741F67BC-48E1-4893-A2DD-1F1B5B57ECCC.jpeg

C0AD4086-DF9E-4F0E-B739-5016837C919C.jpeg

37A9191C-3B36-4D3E-86EE-42250BEEA573.jpeg

Now thanks to tripods on shooting days when my body says no to shooting .... my brain says “get the tripod” . The RPD is still a hoot and is cheap to feed . I just added a m1919 . I had to take a crash course in American belt feds as they are nothing like comblock belt feds . That’s a discussion for another day:

F740D068-C08F-4FE0-A0CF-50F14D17201A.jpeg

I’d like to hear others thoughts on semi auto belt fed rifles. You think they are stupid or just a way to get that platform no matter what the cost?

I think it's Bad Ass, but it really looks like a Defense Support weapon. But, hey if I could get one, I would. In my family my wife and kids believe that any weapon that is not fast and mobile is a waste of time. Get, it before we lose the White House and we have to fight again for ammo and Our weapons!!

For certain ones, particularly older models, I can see the appeal of owning even a semi-auto one. For something like a M249, it seems kinda dumb to me to spend that much for what basically amounts to a 30 pound ar-15.
That’s the thing many people point out. I have no interest in the SAW as it’s just not a platform I care for . I also hate the links. I’ve never hated any gun item more than the links. Comblock links are much easier to load by hand

I think it's Bad Ass, but it really looks like a Defense Support weapon. But, hey if I could get one, I would. In my family my wife and kids believe that any weapon that is not fast and mobile is a waste of time. Get, it before we lose the White House and we have to fight again for ammo and Our weapons!!
The vz59 is a really early general purpose machine gun. It’s heavy but it’s not so heavy that It can’t be fired like a BAR . The top carry handle makes that possible. So
If someone were to try and kick in my door .... their night would get bad quick.

Nothing says “**** that door , F you , F the scum behind you and F the engine block of the getaway vehicle “ like a steel core 7.62x54R AP

Semi auto belt feds are definately interesting. An mg34 or 42 semi would be great, but $5000 for a Tnw build is out of the budget. For those that can afford them I'm sure they make great additions to any collection and would certainly add some to mine. There is also a difference in a neutered ar or ak that can be had under $1000 versus a semi belt fed that typically run in the thousands. Not being argumentative but from a financial perspective it's really not the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom