• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Semi auto belt fed rifles ? Sweet or stupid?

Semi auto belt fed rifles . Yay or Ghey?

• Yay! I can actually own a Bren gun or a Mg42 without paying $20,000+

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Ghey! What kind of loser buys a semi belt fed ?

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Depends on price and how bad I want that platform

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Tacos

Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters
Maybe after I get the kids through college. But by then I would be so old that I couldn't pick the dang gun up.

I'd sell what you have and get the real deal one of these.

www.replicaplans.com_BrowningBAR_Browning_20M1918A2_11_.JPG

Isn't there a tripod mount for the MG34/42 that you can basically bump fire a semi-auto version?

I had a semi 1919, it was cool especially when the daughter was in High School and she would bring a boy over. We would walk into my man cave for "the talk" had one say "My dad has Hunting rifles so you can't scare me" I had the 1919 on the tripod and loaded and said "Does he have one of these?" Priceless reaction. Only one I would think about getting now would be another RPK with a bumpfire stock.

Semi auto belt feds are definately interesting. An mg34 or 42 semi would be great, but $5000 for a Tnw build is out of the budget. For those that can afford them I'm sure they make great additions to any collection and would certainly add some to mine. There is also a difference in a neutered ar or ak that can be had under $1000 versus a semi belt fed that typically run in the thousands. Not being argumentative but from a financial perspective it's really not the same thing.
I looked at those and the 8mm stopped me. Hard to get . Some AR and AK rifles can cost quite a bit . Check out the semi auto PKM semi autos . They sell for a stupid amount due to rarity . So it all depends how much it’s worth to you

Maybe after I get the kids through college. But by then I would be so old that I couldn't pick the dang gun up.

I'd sell what you have and get the real deal one of these.

www.replicaplans.com_BrowningBAR_Browning_20M1918A2_11_.JPG

Isn't there a tripod mount for the MG34/42 that you can basically bump fire a semi-auto version?
I know where a semi auto BAR is sitting right now . That ammo cost . Yes, the laffett tripod does fun stuff .

Back
Top Bottom