• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Senate voting on Gun Bill now

I think the house will reject the changes, it will go to a committee and die in there just like it did last year thus saving Deal yet again from having to take a stand on gun rights. It's all just a big game.

Eh the GCO people seem to be fairly optimistic, some are quoting some very reliable sources saying we'll get something good this year.
The most common theory I see being discussed is trading opt in for suppressor usage. (House is beholden to the DNR and hates suppressors for hunting, senate belongs to the BoR and they hate campus carry)

I don't think it's too far fetched that church opt in will be removed, the interesting thing will be to see if they fix the courthouse wording. As it stands now any building where they have any kind of court business would be of limits (think traffic court at DMV once a month) With no way of knowing you would be sol when it came to govt building carry.

Also...if you haven't joined Georgia carry yet you should- they do more then any other organization in the state for our 2A rights.

Last edited:
Well fact often doesn't override fiction and fear mongering. As stated it's a safety device that protects hearing just as a muffler does on engine. When I was in France they mandated suppressor use at the range I swung by where we were camping at "no shooting without a noise suppressor". The concern was noise pollution.

Anyone have the Senate vote breakdown? There is a few folks that surely deserve a response both good and bad.

Also who made the amendments?

Here is the breakdown of the Senate vote:
http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en-US/vote.aspx?VoteID=11927

Back
Top Bottom