• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sheild RMSC help!

Without a slide cut you'd have to use one of the plates that slide into the dove tail where your rear sights are.

Was kinda afraid of that. Only because I haven't been able to find one I would consider due to so many negative reviews

Was kinda afraid of that. Only because I haven't been able to find one I would consider due to so many negative reviews
Yep, not ideal but it is a cheaper way to get you into the realm of red dots on handguns of you don't have one yet. I'd highly recommend giving it a shot even with the dovetail plate setup just to get up and running with the platform.

Almost all my pistols (except the series 70 1911's) are equipped with a red dot. 100% any one I EDC or use in training are red dot equipped. I've been running them for years and haven't found a person yet that didn't shoot better with one once they've been properly trained on the usage including my wife.

Yep, not ideal but it is a cheaper way to get you into the realm of red dots on handguns of you don't have one yet. I'd highly recommend giving it a shot even with the dovetail plate setup just to get up and running with the platform.

Almost all my pistols (except the series 70 1911's) are equipped with a red dot. 100% any one I EDC or use in training are red dot equipped. I've been running them for years and haven't found a person yet that didn't shoot better with one once they've been properly trained on the usage including my wife.
What's your personal "go to" red dot if you don't mind me asking?

What's your personal "go to" red dot if you don't mind me asking?
I've got 3 Trijicon RMR's on my sub-compact and full sized pistols and I run a Holosun EPS carry on my CR920. All have been banged around dropped and seen thousands of rounds with zero issues.

The wife runs a Holosun 509 on her Sig 365xl (used to be mine) and it's also seen several years being banged around in her purse holster and at least a few 1000 rounds of range and training and never had a single issue.

You really can't go wrong with Trijicon or Holosun. I don't have any experience with anything else other than a Sig Romeo zero and I would not recommend that particular red dot. It's just not built well enough for EDC imo.

I've got 3 Trijicon RMR's on my sub-compact and full sized pistols and I run a Holosun EPS carry on my CR920. All have been banged around dropped and seen thousands of rounds with zero issues.

The wife runs a Holosun 509 on her Sig 365xl (used to be mine) and it's also seen several years being banged around in her purse holster and at least a few 1000 rounds of range and training and never had a single issue.

You really can't go wrong with Trijicon or Holosun. I don't have any experience with anything else other than a Sig Romeo zero and I would not recommend that particular red dot. It's just not built well enough for EDC imo.
Good stuff man, I appreciate it. I'll try out one of the optic plates and see how it goes and go from there. If all else fails I'll just sale or trade the hellcat and/or red dot for something already milled or even better already mounted or everything needed to do so. Those "blemish" daggers are very much appealing to me for some reason 😃

Good stuff man, I appreciate it. I'll try out one of the optic plates and see how it goes and go from there. If all else fails I'll just sale or trade the hellcat and/or red dot for something already milled or even better already mounted or everything needed to do so. Those "blemish" daggers are very much appealing to me for some reason 😃
Glad to help. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom