• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need a little inside help folks.

Start with these, maybe?
200w.gif
That's what I look like every time Asbestos says something mocking me in the post. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. My man Asbestos you gotta love the guy.

I actually posted this in the wrong thread and had it delete it. I was saying how I like Ron's spomer outdoors. He did a complete review of the TRACT TORIC 2.4-16×44 and he was quite impressed with the scope the only negative he gave was it was just a little heavy 21 Oz. that is a little bit heavy. However, he said it wasn't a deal breaker since it wasn't a all out hunting scope nor an all out competition long range scope but somewhere in the middle. He did the elevation and Windage clicks all the way off the target and then brought it back to zero and it was right on the bullseye on both turrets. It has Schot German glass lenses in it and very positive turret clicks with the zero stop option. You can also order caliper specific elevation turrets if you want. The scope is a little out of my range up in the mid $800 to low $900 but I think I'm willing to spend that for the great scope. It looks good. He did everything including soaking it in a 5 gallon bucket of water while working the turrets and the power ring just to make sure to get the parts moving underwater. Pass the test flying colors. I'm big fan of Ron Spomer Outdoors and listen to a lot of his videos and I tend to respect his views. He is humble with the amount of information he has accumulated over the years and goes in depth on every subject. So If it passed his function test and review then I am good with it.

I actually posted this whole plethora of words on one of Wild bills threads. Needless to say I got some strange looks and strange comments. I honestly don't know how that happened since I was in this thread when I started. Oh well I've screwed up before and I'll probably do it again. Frankly it don't mean **** but is funny how it happened. 🤣

The best "budget optic" I've ever had and been pleased with is my 3-15 vortex viper pst, FFP. It's a damn good scope and very clear. To stay in your budget, you'll have to find a used one but don't let a used scope turn you away. Vortex stands behind them for life for any reason ( so long as it doesent get stolen.)

The best "budget optic" I've ever had and been pleased with is my 3-15 vortex viper pst, FFP. It's a damn good scope and very clear. To stay in your budget, you'll have to find a used one but don't let a used scope turn you away. Vortex stands behind them for life for any reason ( so long as it doesent get stolen.)
I had the Vortex Viper PST. That's the one that has the low vis illumination. Couldn't see nothing through that thing. Are you talking Gen ll?

I had the Vortex Viper PST. That's the one that has the low vis illumination. Couldn't see nothing through that thing. Are you talking Gen ll?
Brother if you can't see through a 30mm FFP viper, you either have it mounted wrong or you need new eyes cause glasses can't help that.

Brother if you can't see through a 30mm FFP viper, you either have it mounted wrong or you need new eyes cause glasses can't help that.
I had the gen-l. The first gen left a lot to be desired. I heard the gen-ll were a lot better. I had other Vortex scopes and they were good. I actually had to send one back. Something went wrong with the windage turret. They fixed it and sent it back quick. Even threw in a hat and a pin with it. I still where that hat to this day. Their warranty is second to none that's for sure.
17125038400069115976299444168883.jpg

I had the gen-l. The first gen left a lot to be desired. I heard the gen-ll were a lot better. I had other Vortex scopes and they were good. I actually had to send one back. Something went wrong with the windage turret. They fixed it and sent it back quick. Even threw in a hat and a pin with it. I still where that hat to this day. Their warranty is second to none that's for sure.View attachment 7104471
The original vortex scopes were ****, imo. The new ones....yeah that's all I buy.

Do you think you could drop down to 9x or 10x for shooting up to 300 yards? It might help you get a better scope within budget.

The only brand I have had from your list is Meopta. It's a fine scope but an older model. Arken is made in China, I think, which would take it off my list. Tract, I believe, is made in Japan and I want one on something I'm not worried about being heavy. There are so many good scopes today you probably won't go wrong.

Do you think you could drop down to 9x or 10x for shooting up to 300 yards? It might help you get a better scope within budget.

The only brand I have had from your list is Meopta. It's a fine scope but an older model. Arken is made in China, I think, which would take it off my list. Tract, I believe, is made in Japan and I want one on something I'm not worried about being heavy. There are so many good scopes today you probably won't go wrong.
Yeah I gave Arken the boot already. I still like the TRACT and I am going to try and look for some good used Vortex Vipers also. I think between those two brands I should be able to find something to fit my needs. I will say that the TRACT model scope are sold out on Amazon. At least the model I was looking at was anyway. That says a lot about that scope. I did find a Vortex Viper in the upper 700's that could work so something in either one of those scopes will come available. I will look around a bit and be patient and catch a deal. Scopes go on sale a good bit also.

Back
Top Bottom