• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shotguns still suck for Self Defense.

Well, you did design your own scenarios to help your own statements.
True, but it also represents a worst case scenario, rather than one that neatly fits the weapon being used. Lots of targets (or ones that need to be pinned down) at close quarters. We are talking about home defense, not skeet shooting.

Nope I saw it.. you were comparing ballistics to a mini shell. I was merely pointing out ballistics on a 1 or 1 1/4 oz slug. Which I didn’t see posted prior, but could have missed it
Then no doubt, those rounds are devastating, but you sacrifice capacity and fast reloads to get it.

If you need a cc to go to that place, maybe you shouldn't go to that place.

Seriously, a lot of home invasions happen in good upscale neighborhoods because that's where the money is.

The question was not whether a gun was needed to defend your home, rather the extent of the postulated threat.
I live in a rural area on a sizeable tract which is fenced and gated. Squads of home invaders that I need to mitigate with a belt fed machine gun just isnt a thing around here.

The question was not whether a gun was needed to defend your home, rather the extent of the postulated threat.
I live in a rural area on a sizeable tract which is fenced and gated. Squads of home invaders that I need to mitigate with a belt fed machine gun just isnt a thing around here.
Wow! You have to exaggerate it to a belt fed machine gun to try and make your point?

I'm guessing you have never got to play with Kel-Tec KSG 12 ga. ?

I know, this has come up before, but never had a dedicated thread.

Just watched "John Wick 2" again and it reminded me of this fact. They are slow, low capacity and a PITA to reload. The only positive they have (a big pattern to help clear a room) is a complete myth.

Maybe if the target is between 20 and 35 yards there is some advantage, but other than that they are crap. Everyone should just sell their SD shotguns and get a real weapon for SD/HD. A carbine rifle.

Back
Top Bottom