• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Should Listings Be Required To Have A Price?

Should All Listings Be Required To Have A Price Or Trade Value?

• Yes! They should have to have a price!

Votes: 95 71.4%
  • No, if they want to hear offers that is fine.

Votes: 38 28.6%

• Total voters
I agree that some things are optional but some things are simple common sense. How can you sell something without a price (or 100 comments asking for a price)? We've all seen a thousand times what happens here at the ODT when items don't have a price.

You don't walk through Adventure Outdoors and see items with "Make Offer" on them. To me "For sale" means "For Sale". I guess common sense is a valuable commodity in America these days though.

Up for bid...errr I mean sell, 1 large bucket of common sense. Feel free to post a bid....I mean make an offer in thread as I dont have a set price in mind.

I personally skip the adds that have no price.
But I still think it should be up to the owner. What gives the rest of us that right to demand how an ad is promoted?
I don't like rules just for convience. Seems kinda communist to me.

Actually you are right. This is how we end up with stupid gun laws as well. A group of people wnat an authority to empose rules on another group of people to prevent them from doing something that bugs them.

The same group of guys that are now over here screaming about prices and auctions are the same group that were screaming about" dealers" at gon. They just moved to chase traffic.

I say price it if it's for sale. You list too high or too low it's the sellers problem. There are many sources to gather values. Don't think we need a rule though, replies asking for price usually follow posts missing one.

I really do not see where requiring someone to put a price in a FOR SALE ad is a problem. I do not see the "commie" aspect. It is for sale, there is a price, what is it? I do not see how you can sell something without a price. Now, if you want to auction it, that is different situation, but would really open up a can of worms in my opinion.

It's funny that this is even an issue with people here. Have we come to the place in America where it is efficient to be resistant? I thought "Make Offers ONLY" was a tactic used to buy cabbage on a street market in a remote village street market in Tibet?

I don't know about the most of you but my theory in life is to make every thing efficient and every moment beneficial. The rebellious attitude gains ground in America every day. Amazing.

Craigslist has a little box that you must put a price in if you want to run a for sale ad (excluding the barter section) or it will not even let you submit the ad. For the largest classified system in the world to do it successfully, I'd say there is a good reason why they do it. For people to scream "FOUL" over requiring a price is actually a bit comical. But don't worry because if my ad says for sale..................you can bet it has a price. Like I said, common sense isn't so common in America any longer. I think I need to open a common sense market and let people make offers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom