• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shrinking and stuff going south sure does suck

RiverBend

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Proud Southern, Christian
362   0
Reaction score
Yep, at age 35 I was 5 ft 11" now, age 73 and 3 total car crashes, and my 4th spinal surgery later I an 5 ft 6 1/2" and mean old Mr. gravity has shifted my manly chest to a portly gut, everything basically not only sags but shows up further south.
Anyone else having these issues without spinal surgery or other compacting, back injuries, trying to figure if its just old age or the trauma my body has endured over these decades?
Praising the Lord though, 73 is a long life I have been blessed with already.

Yep, at age 35 I was 5 ft 11" now, age 73 and 3 total car crashes, and my 4th spinal surgery later I an 5 ft 6 1/2" and mean old Mr. gravity has shifted my manly chest to a portly gut, everything basically not only sags but shows up further south.
Anyone else having these issues without spinal surgery or other compacting, back injuries, trying to figure if its just old age or the trauma my body has endured over these decades?
Praising the Lord though, 73 is a long life I have been blessed with already.
It's called chest of drawers disease.,....out chest falls into our drawers

My Grandfather told me that he used to be a much taller man. I always thought he was pulling my leg...he wasn't.
I haven't started shrinking yet but my older brother has. He was "2 1/2 to "3 taller than I am throughout our lives but the last time we where together I noticed I could see the top of his head so I've got to look forward to in the near future.
Due to a life time of hard work and heavy lifting I had a massive chest. Age and inactivity have migrated that down to my midsection. I've gone from a barrel chest to a keg belly.
Edit...Got my curiosity up so I just checked my height. I'm down almost 3/8 of an inch...crap.

My Grandfather told me that he used to be a much taller man. I always thought he was pulling my leg...he wasn't.
I haven't started shrinking yet but my older brother has. He was "2 1/2 to "3 taller than I am throughout our lives but the last time we where together I noticed I could see the top of his head so I've got to look forward to in the near future.
Due to a life time of hard work and heavy lifting I had a massive chest. Age and inactivity have migrated that down to my midsection. I've gone from a barrel chest to a keg belly.
Edit...Got my curiosity up so I just checked my height. I'm down almost 3/8 of an inch...crap.
I had lost @ 1 1/2". I had a pinched nerve in my back and neck. After the Chiropractor worked on me over a period of time, I was back to my old height and felt like a young man again

I had lost @ 1 1/2". I had a pinched nerve in my back and neck. After the Chiropractor worked on me over a period of time, I was back to my old height and felt like a young man again
I bought one of those inversion tables to help my back to decompress but after using it a couple of times I gave it away.
I really didn't enjoy the feeling of hanging upside down like a side of beef and it hurt me to do so.
They say it helps but it just wasn't for me.

Back
Top Bottom