• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF ideal set up.

sagpacker

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m just curious what everyone’s SHTF set up would be. Which obviously means 1 rifle, 1 pistol, and accessories. Looking forward to seeing everyone’s opinions and if you have the set up already let’s see some pictures.

Tacos, nachos, and of course budlight.

7BC1F253-AAC3-48A9-8390-3E7F63941D0E.jpeg

Why one rifle and one pistol?
Am I going to be traveling somewhere on foot?
Riding a bicycle?

If I'm traveling in a post-SHTF situation, I'm going to try to go in a motor vehicle, and I'm not going alone. I'll have somebody riding shotgun (literally a long gun). We'll probably have more than 4 guns for 2 adults.

If I'm bugging-in, I'll have much more than just 1 long gun and 1 handgun availble.

Hey guys, I’m just curious what everyone’s SHTF set up would be. Which obviously means 1 rifle, 1 pistol, and accessories. Looking forward to seeing everyone’s opinions and if you have the set up already let’s see some pictures.

Satitisfactory physical fitness and survival knowledge. Nearly everything else is irrelevant at best or erotizing the apocalypse at worst.

But to play your game whatever reliable rifle and pistol that I am the most proficient at. Sure ethical hunting calibers are important but if it’s a survival situation that goes out the window. So probably something in 5.56 because it’s light, common, and has enough punch to take nearly any size game. For pistol 9mm is the most prolific and “knockdown power” for pistols is a bunch of fudd bs. Modern 9mm jhp close the gap on 45acp and normally have double the capacity.

If I'm limited to 1 rifle and 1 pistol? Means I'm on foot so my AR in 556 and my glock 24 in 40. And a quiet 22 pistol. Because it's what I have and I know how to use and maintain them. And I have a lot of ammo for them. If I'm mobile I'd have a longer range bolt gun in 308 as well.

If I'm limited to 1 rifle and 1 pistol? Means I'm on foot so my AR in 556 and my glock 24 in 40. And a quiet 22 pistol. Because it's what I have and I know how to use and maintain them. And I have a lot of ammo for them. If I'm mobile I'd have a longer range bolt gun in 308 as well.

Why the long range bolt gun?

Why the long range bolt gun?

I dont understand the question. Why wouldnt you want a long range bolt gun in a commonly available caliber you like if you had a vehicle and didnt have to carry it? The greater distance you keep between you and a threat the better. And the rifles I have are reliable and I know them and their optics well. And bolt guns are easy to maintain and mine are accurate. Being able to reach out and touch is a force multiplier and an option that may be good to have in certain situations.

I dont understand the question. Why wouldnt you want a long range bolt gun in a commonly available caliber you like if you had a vehicle and didnt have to carry it? The greater distance you keep between you and a threat the better. And the rifles I have are reliable and I know them and their optics well. And bolt guns are easy to maintain and mine are accurate. Being able to reach out and touch is a force multiplier and an option that may be good to have in certain situations.

I assumed this was on foot. Understandable if a vehicle is in play

I assumed this was on foot. Understandable if a vehicle is in play

Ah. Yes. 2 pistols and my AR are the upper limit for on foot. And the 22 would be in my bag without a crap ton of ammo weight. Mostly just enough for quiet work or some small game hunting if absolutely necessary. All of this METTC dependent of course.

Back
Top Bottom