SIG SAUER M18 Sets New Standard for U.S. Army’s Modular Handgun System (MHS) Reliability Testing

Pretty much how Glock captured a large segment of the law enforcement market. I mean they essentially dumped their pistols on the LEO market to gain market share. Nothing wrong with it and it worked.

Exactly. Glock was taking agencies’ used S&W’s and stuff and swapping them straight up for new Glocks. So agencies were getting Glocks at no cost to them. You don’t get any cheaper than that.

Also, there is the fact that the handgun was required to be “Modular” (it’s right there in the title of the contract) and the Glock submitted for consideration WAS NOT modular.

No doubt the Sig is a fine weapon, but to all the Glock haters:

https://www.ballisticmag.com/2018/05/23/glock-17-torture-test-ocean/

Not saying a Sig can't do the same thing.

There's no doubt there's a lot of good pistols out there today. I'm glad that that Glock came along 30 years ago and forced everyone to up their game (and lower their price).

I am not a Glock hater. The G19 is the most common handgun that I recommend to folks looking for a handgun. With that said, it cracks me up how whenever something is posted about a test on any non-Glock handgun, the Glock guy’s come out in force comparing.
Look aver the posts in this thread. The Glock bashing staring long before someone came along and said something good about Glock. I would hardly call that “Glock guys coming out in force comparing.’

What I want to know is why non Glock people can’t talk about how good a gun is without bashing Glock?

When I posted my thoughts about my new Glock 48 nobody came along and started bashing HK. Why is that?

I've owned a couple of p320's and they shot well and were 100%, but I did not care for the grip and aftermarket mags were too expensive. However, that's not what this thread should be about.

The point somehow got lost along the way. This test is a good thing. I truly hope the Sig is the best gun. That's what our boys will be using.

It would also be good if they would release the exact types of ammunition being fired. I'm guessing some NATO ball round...? Whatever they were using, it would be a good idea, IMO, for p320 owners to keep a good stockpile of that ammo.

Look aver the posts in this thread. The Glock bashing staring long before someone came along and said something good about Glock. I would hardly call that “Glock guys coming out in force comparing.’

What I want to know is why non Glock people can’t talk about how good a gun is without bashing Glock?

When I posted my thoughts about my new Glock 48 nobody came along and started bashing HK. Why is that?

I calls ‘em like I sees ‘em. It’s a trend.

Truth be told we are very spoiled for what is on the Market in the Firearms world. Glock, SIG, Springfield, Smith, ext.. All have a similar line of pistols and all are pretty damn excellent when it comes to reliability and putting rounds on target. 15-20 years ago we did not have this many options, just opinions.

Back
Top Bottom