• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, how do the majority of gun owners afford to shoot often? I’m not referring to those who reload.

The old adage of "Train like you fight" is useful, but Bibb LEOs get all the fightin' they need, and have no ammo left for training.
LOL, find one when you think you need one. I doubt they do much fighting at all. Relatives that work for Davis don't have a lot of "war stories."

Anyone know one of the better deals now for 1000 rounds of 9milly
I would suggest wherever you try that if you have not bought from them before google the website exactly as it is listed. There are a lot of scam sights that are one letter off and such.
Ive had good luck ordering from Freedom muntions and normashooting.com. Norma is in Savannah and I got my box within a couple of days.

Bought ammo pre panic and still buy when the price is right. I go the the range during lunch a couple times a month. Never more than 3 people including me. I take my daily carry and 1 other gun with all mags loaded. Average is 10 mags per firearm. I may or may not go through what I bring with me. I'm not an operator I work on fundamentals not mag dumps.

You forgot the guy that always seems to have a case of whatever ammo his agency buys.

I try to buy a little ammo each month. I try to buy more than I shoot. I also try to buy primers and powder in case the time comes that loading 9mm is necessity but for now I only load 38 special.

I have a decent job. I don't smoke or drink or go out. I don't have any other hobbies other than shooting ( I do hunt and fish and go to sporting events but that is family time) . I don't shoot 1000 rounds a month. I drink water in restaurants and that saves me $1000 a year. I eat leftovers most days for lunch.
I think many here are similar. Eat left overs, drink water and save anyway you can, especially by not drinking!!!

I try to get in 2-3000 rounds a year between .22, 6.5CM, .223, and .308

9mm I try to get about 2000 rounds in a year.

I just buy in bulk at academy or bass pro. The worst was 143ELDX. My rifle really loves that and I bought 500 of the same lot number for $1000 in summer of 2022. I am almost out of that ammo….😟

I only get in 2-3 comps a year bc of family obligations. I really need to step up of my NRL and handgun game.

Back
Top Bottom