• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So when thou sayeth, "I'll take it"...

What about the other side of the coin? I say I'll take it and the other person agrees, then they tell me later they sold it for more money? If there's no specific time and place set (We agree to meet this coming up Saturday when we're both off work, let's say), then I can't leave a negative? WTF!

What about the other side of the coin? I say I'll take it and the other person agrees, then they tell me later they sold it for more money? If there's no specific time and place set (We agree to meet this coming up Saturday when we're both off work, let's say), then I can't leave a negative? WTF!
this is what i was talking about

I am getting so very tired of those that say, 'I will take it!', we set a date and time, I mark the ad, "SPM", I arrange my schedule and then... the night before, I get a PM and text saying, 'I had a "financial situation" come up and now I can't buy from you'. Dear lord, if you can't afford to buy something, don't tell me you can!!! Don't make the offer. This is not a hard concept!!! In recent multiple cases, it has been 'newbies'. I guess I should know better, but I tried to give them a chance. I have been on ODT for a few years and these are the first 'times' this has happened. Maybe I have just been lucky. Coincidence or product of the new breed of people getting on ODT from other sites? I hope it is just a string of bad luck. And by the way, I want to Neg them, but technically they are letting me know before I leave to meet them... so, at least I am not on my way or sitting at the meet spot. It is usually a few hours before, so my schedule is jacked up, but....
I am venting, and frustrated, so there it is. Probably off to the 'Pasture'. :mad:

best reason to always set up the deals in pm on odt so if the member becomes a deadbeat you can neg them and save the rest of us the trouble...

best reason to always set up the deals in pm on odt so if the member becomes a deadbeat you can neg them and save the rest of us the trouble...

The fact that I used text messages has kept me from leaving more negatives . At least leave a neutral and the rest of us get a warning . I have had an I will take it for over 10 days on a gun I have listed right now . Lots of excuses , no meet .

The fact that I used text messages has kept me from leaving more negatives . At least leave a neutral and the rest of us get a warning . I have had an I will take it for over 10 days on a gun I have listed right now . Lots of excuses , no meet .[/QUOTE
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll take it means now to me...if i tell someone I'll take it I get right into setting up the meet...I expect the same...I'll take it in six weeks isn't anything I feel obligated to honor...10 days is a long time, I'd take off the spm after about 4 or 5 days...

It is a rather new phenomenon as I have been on here for years. In the past several months I have had to leave to negs, for things I wanted to buy. One last minute he tried to shake me down for an extra $50 and it was a gift for another Odt member. So I went to Cherokee gun and lawn and spent an extra $76 out of principle. The other neg was for a guy who sold a different gun to his "neighbor" for $30 more. Then I had one guy say I'll take on thread and in pm, so we meet and he says that there is a new one on here for $50 more. No crap jackrabbit that is why I listed it cheaper( and describe condition in detail)as it was not new. I should have neg'd him but didn't. I have said I will take it and life happened, I still went through with the deal and things were really tight for awhile. If you say you are going to take it, then take it and deal with what crap life hands you. Your problems are not to be visited upon someone else. I am disabled and get my money once a month, and I have had people hold things for me for a couple weeks. But, no matter what happens I follow through, even if I have to pawn something to make it happen. Which then( due to interest on pawn) makes the item no longer a deal. I guess I was just raised different from some of the new people on here. And much thanks to those people who have held items for including a couple people I will picking things up from this tomorrow.

I neutraled some one a little while ago. He sold a rifle to some one else after setting up a meet with me. He responded with a simple "very classy" when I delivered the feedback.

I thought it was a classy move as well, glad he agreed.

Back
Top Bottom