• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So when thou sayeth, "I'll take it"...

How about, instead of "I'll take it", you get "Nice, when would you be able to meet?"

Not that the buyer was even close to ready to purchase. The buyer needs to talk with a couple of other people first. WTH

Then you never hear from them again.

What's up with the "give me a call"? That's not how this works.

Do people really spend their rent money buying guns?

I have had nothing but good luck with one exception of a guy who wanted my Stag AR and then didn't want it because it didn't have " Multi Caliber " stamped in the lower. No factory built rifle has that. All that after about two days of texts and PMs. But in all fairness he never jumped out their in my thread with an " I'll take it."

I have only thrown out the old " I'll take it" once or twice myself. And when I knew I had the money stashed to cover it. And on one deal I drove about 60 miles one way up to Hampton for the meet. But again, I ain't had any let downs or bad deals on here. But I ain't done near as many deals as some of y'all. I guess the law of averages will eventually catch up to me.

Sometimes $&!? happens. At least they let you know a good amount of time in advance. It's impossible to tell wether or not they came upon some hardship and couldn't buy your item. Assume they did, I wouldn't punish somebody BC something in their life made it impossible to buy your stuff. Life is too short, relist the item and move on. Just my 2 pennies

I'll add a caveat, my "I'll take it", means I'll buy it if, on physical inspection, it's as you depicted and / or described when I asked questions.

I've bought a couple of guns on the I'll take it basis that were definitely not as described or had known faults the seller didn't disclose. I could have caught them, but was to trusting, no more of that.

Even when I make arrangements via text or phone call, I tell them I am going to send a PM confirming what we just agreed to and for them to please acknowledge this is the facts, via reply PM, so many newbies have no clue of negatives or how they can get one.

Back
Top Bottom