• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Sorry to lowball you"

Who asks: "Sorry to lowball you, but will you take..."

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why do people send you PMs saying: "Sorry to lowball you, but will you take....."? You're not sorry, that's why you're sending it. Are you so spineless you can't make a real offer, or just have the guts to ask without the apology?

I recently had a rifle for sale, and recieved quite a few of these. I don't mind a lowball offer, just be a man when you make your offer. Does apologizing when offering make you feel better about it? I probably would have let it go for one of those lowball offers, but couldn't sell it to someone that couldn't man up and ask without the apology.

Am I too disgruntled? Or does this **** you off too?

I never "low ball" anyone. I make an offer, they can take it or leave it. We are all still amigos.

I mean, the seller isn't apologizing for asking $100 more for the gun than new out the door at Academy. Funny, "low balling" is an ODT/internet sin, but gouging isn't.

BUT send me a snotty PMl calling me a "low baller", and I get right testy.

It doesn't matter what it is that you are offering for sale.....if you were selling a pre 64 Super Grade model 70 for $100, somebody would come up, and offer you $95....it is the most crazy thing I've seen....if you don't like the price....just follow it, and when the price comes down, to your liking, buy it.....I do not haggle....if I don't like the price, I simply don't buy it...I figure the seller has enough since to offer the item, at a price they are willing to part with it for.
:-)Rocky

Yeah, BUT

my fav is the guy who blows off your offer, then a month, maybe two later, with no takers, comes out of the blue "you still interested." As a matter of principal, no.

Back
Top Bottom