• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SP2022 Torture test

Aimless

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Jake from State Farm
196   0
Reaction score
I am not sure why these tests were performed but it was impressive to watch. I own three of these pistols and I have always felt they are heavily under rated. They perform as good as their classic P-series counterpart and I like the trigger better. The trigger in the SP2022 is one of the best out of the box P-series triggers available in my opinion. Unfortunately Sig USA doesn't seem to like the SP2022. It has always seemed like the red headed step child of their current line up. They have almost no aftermarket support available for the pistol so spare parts have to come from either boneyard SP2022's and older SP2009/2340 pistols. Or you have to send the pistol in for repairs. I never understood why Sig USA doesn't seem to care for the SP2022. It is one of their most trouble free models by all accounts and they sell the hell out of them. I would like to see Sig release an SRT kit for them, the trigger while nice does have that classic Sig long reset. I would also like to see the compact version of the SP2022 over here as well. Though I think that gun would start to compete pretty hard with the P229 as it would be almost the same size and lighter.

I thought these videos were interesting. I wish I knew why they were testing them. SP2022. The ice test to me was the most interesting. The guy just started beating on the pistol with a no-mar hammer. There were some issues in the mud test, I wasn't surprised though, it is a hammer fired gun and muddy water brings down a lot of firearms in tests. That fine sand is carried by water into every section of the pistol.

Underwater test

Ice test

Sand test

Mud test

Bulldozer test

Last edited by a moderator:
The SP2022 it hands down the best quality product going for $400.00 My neighbor and on of my employees both just got them in .40 off my recommendation. Both very pleased!

The SP2022 it hands down the best quality product going for $400.00 My neighbor and on of my employees both just got them in .40 off my recommendation. Both very pleased!

The price doesn't seem to have anything to do with the quality in this case. These would be excellent guns at $500. They typically average around $450 out the door with night sights. So unless you get LEO pricing on the M&P or Glock it beats both of them in terms of value. As for reliability and durability I personally feel it is right up there with both of those two pistols as well as it's classic P-Series counterparts. They are very well built guns. It is a head scratcher as to why Sig doesn't run with it and market it better.

I think people got turned off to the lower priced Sigs because of the 250 which is a pile of crap. The 2022 is very impressive and a definite contender with Glocks and Springfields in that same range.

Back
Top Bottom