• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SP2022 Torture test

I wish Sig would take a day...maybe two and figure out a way to produce magazines in a more efficient/economical way so they don't break the bank. Us American shooters like lots of mags dammit.

Their mags are made by Mec-Gar and Checkmate and they don't have to be that expensive. Mec-Gar does sell Sig mags without the Sig logo that are pretty inexpensive. Checkmate doesn't. I don't know why the Sig mags cost what they cost, both companies make the same mag for the Beretta M9, which is the same design the cut for the mag catch is just in a different place. The Mec-Gar and Checkmate mags for the Beretta are very inexpensive. Around $20 for the Mec-gar and the Checkmate 15rnd parkerized mags can be found for about $8. In contrast the same exact mag made for a Sig costs $25-$30 from Mec-Gar and the Checkmate mags cost about $15-$20. Again, I have no idea why this is.

ETA: Mec-Gar makes a very nice SP2022 mag, unfortunately they only make it for the 9mm version and it only comes in an extended floor plate. I would like them to make this mag for both 9mm and .40/357 with a flat base plate. With the sand grooves and parkerized finish. These can be found on some websites for $30.
http://www.mec-gar.com/Magazines/Sig-Sauer/MGSP917

Last edited:
Their mags are made by Mec-Gar and Checkmate and they don't have to be that expensive. Mec-Gar does sell Sig mags without the Sig logo that are pretty inexpensive. Checkmate doesn't. I don't know why the Sig mags cost what they cost, both companies make the same mag for the Beretta M9, which is the same design the cut for the mag catch is just in a different place. The Mec-Gar and Checkmate mags for the Beretta are very inexpensive. Around $20 for the Mec-gar and the Checkmate 15rnd parkerized mags can be found for about $8. In contrast the same exact mag made for a Sig costs $25-$30 from Mec-Gar and the Checkmate mags cost about $15-$20. Again, I have no idea why this is.

ETA: Mec-Gar makes a very nice SP2022 mag, unfortunately they only make it for the 9mm version and it only comes in an extended floor plate. I would like them to make this mag for both 9mm and .40/357 with a flat base plate. With the sand grooves and parkerized finish. These can be found on some websites for $30.
http://www.mec-gar.com/Magazines/Sig-Sauer/MGSP917

I'm kinda funny about factory mags for all my pistols. I never even look at aftermarket brands. So I am stuck on the 50 something bucks a mag issue.

I'm kinda funny about factory mags for all my pistols. I never even look at aftermarket brands. So I am stuck on the 50 something bucks a mag issue.

The Mec-Gar and Checkmate mags are not aftermarket mags. They ARE the factory mag that Sig uses. Sig just has their logo put on them and charges a premium.

I had an sp2022 a year ago. Great price, felt good in my hand. Never had a missfire. But my issue was it had the worst trigger of anything ive ever shot. I could barely hit the target with DA and the SA wasn't much better. I was comparing to a cz but still, I dont know if something was wrong with it or what.

I had an sp2022 a year ago. Great price, felt good in my hand. Never had a missfire. But my issue was it had the worst trigger of anything ive ever shot. I could barely hit the target with DA and the SA wasn't much better. I was comparing to a cz but still, I dont know if something was wrong with it or what.

You are the first person I have ever heard of who didn't think the SP2022 had the best trigger available from Sig (before the SRT was released). The SP2022 does have that classic long pull, but it is smooth and the reset is positive. With an SRT installed the SP2022 would have the best trigger of any Sig I own.

Back
Top Bottom