• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SP2022 Torture test

I think people got turned off to the lower priced Sigs because of the 250 which is a pile of crap. The 2022 is very impressive and a definite contender with Glocks and Springfields in that same range.

What makes the P250 a pile of crap to you? The trigger is long (just as long as a P229 on the DA first pull) but smooth (just like every DA Sig) and the reset is long (not "pile of crap worthy" IMO). Other than the trigger, what's bad about it?

What makes the P250 a pile of crap to you? The trigger is long (just as long as a P229 on the DA first pull) but smooth (just like every DA Sig) and the reset is long (not "pile of crap worthy" IMO). Other than the trigger, what's bad about it?

The P250 had a hard time in durability tests performed by some law enforcement agencies. In my opinion the P250 doesn't have as good as a trigger as other Sigs. The SP2022 has in my opinion the best out of the box trigger followed by the classic P series triggers. The 320 also has a very nice trigger but it is a striker fired gun so to me it doesn't really compare with the standard DA/SA triggers that Sig offers.

The ATF tested the P250 back in 2009. The P250 was dropped early in the first two rounds of testing. Sig Sauer filed an appeal to rejoin the 2nd stage of testing but the ATF denied that appeal.

http://www.gao.gov/decisions/bidpro/4023393.htm

Something that sticks out to me was the line;
"11 of the 20 test shooters experienced stoppages with Sig Sauer's handguns--in some cases, as many as 10 stoppages."

The P250 had a hard time in durability tests performed by some law enforcement agencies. In my opinion the P250 doesn't have as good as a trigger as other Sigs. The SP2022 has in my opinion the best out of the box trigger followed by the classic P series triggers. The 320 also has a very nice trigger but it is a striker fired gun so to me it doesn't really compare with the standard DA/SA triggers that Sig offers.

The ATF tested the P250 back in 2009. The P250 was dropped early in the first two rounds of testing. Sig Sauer filed an appeal to rejoin the 2nd stage of testing but the ATF denied that appeal.

http://www.gao.gov/decisions/bidpro/4023393.htm

Something that sticks out to me was the line;
"11 of the 20 test shooters experienced stoppages with Sig Sauer's handguns--in some cases, as many as 10 stoppages."

the hipoint of sigs

I had a Sig Sauer SP2022 in 9mm and 40s&w and I liked them. I agree that they are under rated pistols. Watch youtube videos of the SP2022 then you will see that 99.9% of the people that own one love them.

The one and only reason I sold mine was that I decided to stay with striker fired guns only. I will end up with a Sig 320 in the future.

I had a Sig Sauer SP2022 in 9mm and 40s&w and I liked them. I agree that they are under rated pistols. Watch youtube videos of the SP2022 then you will see that 99.9% of the people that own one love them.

The one and only reason I sold mine was that I decided to stay with striker fired guns only. I will end up with a Sig 320 in the future.

I fired the 320 a few weeks back, I am waiting for a compact version in .40 to come in. The trigger on the 320 was very, very, good. I just hope the 320 holds up to abuse like the other Sig guns and not like the P250.

I had a 290 for a little bit. It suffered from a 80% failure to fire virus, but that 20% was smooth and enjoyable (for the size).

Thanks for posting about the 2022, very informative! I've got a mk25 and m11a1, but have been on the fence about their poly cousin. I'm thinking one of these in 9mm might beat the 19 in my next purchace....might.

I liked the fact that the SP2022 9mm did not have a loaded chamber indicator. I liked the look of the smooth unbroken top of the slide verses the .40cal. My 9mm also has Sig night sights and the .40 had standard sights. I have a P229r duty gun and I don't think its any better of a gun than the SP.

Back
Top Bottom