• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SP2022 Torture test

You are the first person I have ever heard of who didn't think the SP2022 had the best trigger available from Sig (before the SRT was released). The SP2022 does have that classic long pull, but it is smooth and the reset is positive. With an SRT installed the SP2022 would have the best trigger of any Sig I own.

Agreed. My trigger was butter smooth but DA was long as long could be. Sold mine in .40 but wouldn't mind having another in 9mm.

You are the first person I have ever heard of who didn't think the SP2022 had the best trigger available from Sig (before the SRT was released). The SP2022 does have that classic long pull, but it is smooth and the reset is positive. With an SRT installed the SP2022 would have the best trigger of any Sig I own.

At the time I researched it and was told there were "special" police models or something with a longer trigger pull for guys with gloves. I didn't like it enough to mess with it so I traded it off. Nice gun though. SA wasnt too bad but I couldn't get over the DA pull. I swear it was a mile long and 15 pounds. By the way I'm not a brand snob or a hater. Just adding to the conversation.

I've never shot another Sig however. But ive shot beretta and CZ and liked them better then the 2022.

At the time I researched it and was told there were "special" police models or something with a longer trigger pull for guys with gloves. I didn't like it enough to mess with it so I traded it off. Nice gun though. SA wasnt too bad but I couldn't get over the DA pull. I swear it was a mile long and 15 pounds. By the way I'm not a brand snob or a hater. Just adding to the conversation.

I've never shot another Sig however. But ive shot beretta and CZ and liked them better then the 2022.

It is possible you got one with a heavier hammer spring in it. The pull weight is supposed to be 10lbs double and 4.5 single. All but my earlier Swiss made SP2022 feel more like 8lb DA. That Gen 1 SP2022 feels a little heavier at around 12lbs. It is still very smooth all the way through the pull. Much smoother than my P226, P220, P228 or P229. Even smoother than my M9 and M9A1 with the D spring conversion.

Back
Top Bottom