• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Speaker David Ralston casts doubt on bill to allow concealed firearms without permit

We've never seen the kind of money Bloomberg will be spreading around in the GA legislature when it comes to gun laws. If he runs all bets are off, and every indication shows that he will be running.

The total spend on the 2016 elections, by all parties at all levels, was $14 billion. That's everything from bribes to campaign buttons for every single candidate at every level.

Michael Bloomberg spent well over $1 billion in his 3rd NYC mayor's campaign alone. He could easily spend what every other candidate from every party in the entire 2016 election spent to get elected President and not even cut his fortune in half. Heck, he wouldn't even be down by a third.

He will be spending hundreds of millions at the state level in places like GA, pushing through his gun control and climate change agenda. We have never, ever seen the gun control groups given that kind of money, and in GA (like most places) money = power. Those ratios may hold in normal times, but if Bloomberg offers $1 million to each legislator, how many will really stand by us?

Not being pessimistic, and hopefully you are right, but if Bloomberg runs we will be facing the single biggest challenge ever faced by firearms owners. Forget NFA. Forget GCA. He has the money, the media and the megalomania to personally bring us Australia-level (or worse) gun control in the next two years.
And the sad thing is.... on stage with the other the crew the Dems will put up, he'll probably look the least insane. :shocked:

I've always wondered why one of pro CC guys doesn't propose keeping the mandatory GWL, but making it free. I think that would be a reasonable security measure without actually infringing on the 2A by taxing a right.

You think all people without a GWL don't carry firearms?
I do not. I know a guy that carries without a GWL. He came up with the idea I posted above. But he shouldn't be considered illegal just because the state wants to tax a right.
Ralston says we need the GWL, others say we shouldn't tax the right to carry, the solution seems obvious, as long as the state isn't just hung up on using GWL for a revenue stream.

Ralston has blocked CC for years when the Rs were not in danger of losing control, so I don't buy his excuse.

Also, Speaker Ralston is in national headlines today for some fairly blatant corruption, so it will be interesting to see if he finishes the term as speaker.

Also, Speaker Ralston is in national headlines today for some fairly blatant corruption, so it will be interesting to see if he finishes the term as speaker.

Read the whole story, his term as speaker is not threatened. Too much power in the speaker.

See the quote from the Chief Judge Brenda Weaver. She has the power to specially set his cases, but she is not about to do that.

This is sort of old old news, Tom Murphy was notorious for doing the same thing. Only the internet had not been invented yet.

You'd think the Speaker of the House could bring in bigger cases than DUI, but when it's your third or fourth one, you don't mind paying for a little "juice".

Does anyone think that we are supposed to trust a politician with the rights of us commoners!
Bring back citizen legislators. 2 terms & done should be the rule of law across every body of government in our union.

So far Red Flag laws haven't even been introduced at the federal level. They will be but they aren't up yet. The UBG law up there now is the old Manchin-Toomey re-warmed, but you can bet they will try and swap in the Bloomberg law at some point.

That being said... Universal BGC and Red Flag laws have ALL been implemented at the state level.

The simple fact is that we won't get CC now. The numbers in the legislature don't add up and the pressure to shoot it down will be intense. It's a fight we can't win this year and it would waste all our political ammo to try.

It would be a lot better to get an incremental win rather than a full on loss. If the GOP can take things in 2020 that will be the time to push for CC, but the next two years are going to be a defensive battle at best.
You can't gain ground by defense . A good defense is to have a good offence.

I've always wondered why one of pro CC guys doesn't propose keeping the mandatory GWL, but making it free. I think that would be a reasonable security measure without actually infringing on the 2A by taxing a right.
So, the only infringement is by taxing? :confused:
Going to a judge begging and waiting is also!
"reasonable security measure" = "reasonable" freedom loss

The speaker said he had a duty to protect GOP members who may be threatened again in 2020.

This view was gutless enough when he first stated it. Now that he has allowed the fetal heartbeat bill to pass, it looks even worse. If you're really worried about increased turnout from the Left, you don't pass either one.

Back
Top Bottom