• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stainless steel guide rod for Glocks

It's got ODT on it, there just ain't nuthin' tacticooler than that!

I think I'll stick with stock. If the next one I get in trade, buy or scavenge doesn't have the super smooth mods I may accidentally shoot myself trying to learn how to operate an unmolested weapon. As has been mentioned, it's a combat weapon, not a race gun. Reliability and consistency are key, not butter smooth, feather light, etc, etc....

My G36 has a 3.5 connector an a NY1 trigger spring ........ pretty sweet and not at all dangerous like some glock trigger mods Ive seen or felt ...

It's got ODT on it, there just ain't nuthin' tacticooler than that!

I think I'll stick with stock. If the next one I get in trade, buy or scavenge doesn't have the super smooth mods I may accidentally shoot myself trying to learn how to operate an unmolested weapon. As has been mentioned, it's a combat weapon, not a race gun. Reliability and consistency are key, not butter smooth, feather light, etc, etc....

Agreed, try the 3.5 with the ny#1 trigger. You'll like it. Of course you could drive on over to my neck of the woods and try my two out. ;)

You know what I like to do with a new gun? GET USED TO IT!

That way if I pick up another one like it, I'm already used to it. The only aftermarket crap I want on my Glocks is cosmetic. Night sights are nice, toss in a cool ODT slide cover and I'm good.

If you have to modify a gun to be able to shoot it then ..well, I dunno what then but I don't wanna be that guy.

All I know is that I like the Glock 36 better with the mods. I shoot it better too. If thats what it takes I'm fine with that. I put 450 rounds through my 36 in the first week I got it. Tried it stock and it was ok. Shot it more after the connector and spring kit, liked it more, got the striker and safety plunger, liked it even more. Much smoother and that works for me. To each their own. I plan on getting a G21SF in the future, its gonna get all the same mods. Night sights were installed same day as well.

Back to the main question, so, the stainless steel guide rod is completely unnecessary.

Last edited:
Really guys? No one wants to be able to use their glock at office meetings?

Hah hah! Oh sure you are in the typical staff meeting, blah, blah, blah, pointing to the power point slide with remote control/laser pointer, BUT pull out your Glock 17 with a 33 round magazine, hit the laser button and you have everyone's attention like no other! I can see where it would work at work!

Waiting for that man with a gun call, patiently....

Last edited:
Stainless Steel guide rods are completely unnecessary. I had one for a summer and realized it did nothing different, other than lose the screw out the front several times.

Save the money and buy ammo.

Back
Top Bottom