• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Still have dogs chasing deer on hunting property.

Don't ask, don't tell.:shocked:
Never complain to your neighbor about their dog. If or when that dog goes missing, you will be #1 suspect.:wacko:

Don't ask, don't tell.:shocked:
Never complain to your neighbor about their dog. If or when that dog goes missing, you will be #1 suspect.:wacko:

Yeah I just want to be neighborly And do the right thing.
I know how crazy people are these days and people will shoot you for shooting their dog.
Can't say they weren't warned if the owner was located.

There are lots of hunting leases on the surrounding properties and plenty of surrounding neighbors shoot guns and hunt so there is not a day or evening that goes by without hearing gunshots.
Two guys I talked to said they shoot any dogs that stray onto their property but they haven't seen these ones yet.....yet.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=495095&highlight=dog+problems
See post #10 in this thread. I believe that animal control actually came by to check the trap periodically once he made its location known to them. I'd inform the folks in the area in case they let their dogs loose. That may help remedy the problem once word gets out.

That's cool!....thanks for sharing.
I'd build one much stronger if I was gonna do it but I like the idea.
Unlike that guy My local animal control guy seems like a lazy **** and don't want to bother with any of it.

I'd like to see better pics on how that big trap had the door rigged to trip when the dogs tugged the can.

As long as they are strays or house dogs shoot em. Just don't shoot a rouge coon dog chasing deer. Few years back a punk 20 something kid killed a friend of mines deer dog. We rode over to his camp and confronted him about it. He admitted killing the dog. My friend didn't call the police. He collected retribution on the spot. Guys are serious about hunting dogs.

Pray tell how I can tell the difference in dog running through the woods 40 yards away?

Do coon dogs have one of those vests like "comfort dogs" that says "coon hunting".

What if the neighbors biscuit eater looks like a coon dog?

That's cool!....thanks for sharing.
I'd build one much stronger if I was gonna do it but I like the idea.
Unlike that guy My local animal control guy seems like a lazy **** and don't want to bother with any of it.

I'd like to see better pics on how that big trap had the door rigged to trip when the dogs tugged the can.

It looks like it was set up with the same design as a rabbit box trap. If you have to, go down to the animal control office and ask to speak to a person in charge. That'll get the ball rolling. You would be doing them a big favor by catching them. Otherwise, call them every time you catch one and have them respond.

I think your going about it the right way. If one charges you though it may be time to take out the whole pack, if they are aggressive that's when the game changes. I won't shoot a dog for merely running deer though or being on property I'm hunting. I have had dogs run deer to me.

Back
Top Bottom