• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stuff we don't usually think about for SHTF type discussions.

Billrube

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
128   0
Reaction score
Yep we are armed, have rations and are totally prepared to battle for good in the apocalypse.

Except when that yellow jacket/wasp stung you, you had an allergic reaction that put you out and gave your friends some cool gear to split up.

Except when you were hunkered down with limited water water, that stomach virus you had caused a severe case of the runs that dehydrated you and put you out of action.

Except that you were cut pretty badly and although you got the wound to stop bleeding you had no anti-biotic cream/suave to put on the wound and a severe infection set in, putting you out of action.

Think about these things when making preparations. If you have known allergies to stings and the like you have already have an epi-pen or two handy. At least keep benadryl and anti biotic cream at hand.

It doesn't take much either...just every week or so...run down to walgreens' or stop on the way home from work and pick up some things!
Little at a time goes a lonnnng way!

You do, but I bet your doc would help out next time you're there - just a good thing to have around the house, visiting grandkids, nieces or whatever.

Yep, work hands out a fisrt aid bag every so often.....I mean some really nice ones. They just get checked out and a few items added to and packed away. The other things that would be really nice to have is antibiotics. We have some that are leftovers and store them in the fridge but I do not know how long they are good for.

How about after TSHTF and you get a killer tooth ache??Whatcha gonna do. Well an old home remedy is a buckeye. Take it and crush it really fine and roll it up like a cigarette. PUFF on it holding the smoke in your mouth.....DO NOT INHALE!!! This will kill the nerve in the tooth and stop the tooth ache. These kinds of tips are the ones that will help some survive under rough circumstances. And believe me a tooth ache can put you out of service.

Back
Top Bottom