• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stuff we don't usually think about for SHTF type discussions.

Gonna order some books I've found. One is "where there is no dentist " I think. Or close to that already have no doctor book and medicines. If real good info will post on here about it. Plus my girlfriend is an rn so will try to find out info from her on different subjects if can help

If caught in an early stage a home remedy for tooth abscess are antibacterial Strepsil throat lozenges. Cheap, fast and easy to obtain.
The trick was to put the Strepsil next to the gum area of the tooth with the abscess, so that the antibacterial effect is as close to the infection as one can get it. With this tooth abscess home remedy, it is important to keep the lozenge in position for several hours, without sucking it.

Without proper antibiotics and treatment. The tooth abscess will fester into a huge mass of puss and gum dead tissue eating into the mandible bone . Making it's way into the blood stream causing further infection through the lymphatic system. Death will be the outcome but at an excruciatingly slow painful agonizing death. I would eat a 357 bullet first... :brushteeth: So always remember to floss....

Last edited:
I did remember an mouthwash my doc told me about. All is over the counter.
Magic Mouthwash recipe:
Viscous Lidocaine (1 part)
Maalox (1 part)
Benadryl (1 part)

How about after TSHTF and you get a killer tooth ache??Whatcha gonna do. Well an old home remedy is a buckeye. Take it and crush it really fine and roll it up like a cigarette. PUFF on it holding the smoke in your mouth.....DO NOT INHALE!!! This will kill the nerve in the tooth and stop the tooth ache. These kinds of tips are the ones that will help some survive under rough circumstances. And believe me a tooth ache can put you out of service.

Oil of clove is another good toothache remedy .

Some people may harp on me for saying this, but I'm not recommending, just telling you what I do and maybe you'll do it. When my dog is sick, they normally prescribe way more refills than needed, keep filling them if they are things you may need. antibiotics, heartburn, pain, they are all the same, they just say humans shouldn't take them. ex. my dog has a heartburn problem that acts up very seldom now. I got rx strengths priolsec (sp?) for 9 bucks a fill for a month supply. OTC is about 20 bucks for 2 weeks. the dog only needed it for about a week, changed her diet up. now i got pills, and 5 more refills. chaching

We really do take a lot for granted... If the SHTF and you are out there.... Something as simple as a scratch (infection) could kill your ass without proper treatment. Bacteria, blood poisoning, viral infections are a real danger. These survivor reality shows in my opinion are doing a dis service. Some guy squeezing camel dung for water or transversing a ravine on a log are items I would never consider. Break a bone and you could die.... As they say better safe then sorry... I too am trying to stockpile some meds. Biggest concern is shelf life.

Back
Top Bottom