• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stuff we don't usually think about for SHTF type discussions.

Bad abcess? Leatherman, H2O2, repeat as needed...

Anyone got the Foxfire books on disk ( oxymoron?) ?

LOL....Ihave the collection of Foxfire books..........there is some really good stuff in them.
I do believe ALOT of times the simple things do get overlooked. Just the common cold after TSHF could be a killer. My wife really studies upon medical first aide, I really think it will be a wealth of knowledge.
Just look back a Vietnam and what was known as jungle root. Simple things like clean socks and they just wasnt there. While packing all that ammo, knowing what guns you should have, which knife is going to be the best. Which ever one of them I have at the time willbe the best. I want to know I have plenty of the simple things. Change of clothes,socks, underwear (guess you really wouldnt have to have them).
Something else to consider, Medications.....how many here have to take meds for high blood pressure? What about diabetes(sp?) If your family is going to depend on YOU......You have got to be there for them.
Just food for thought.

Another source of anti-biotics is from www.jefferspet.com Look for antibiotics for fish. You can get about any sort of antibiotic known, and they are in capsule form. You can google the name of the antibiotic to see what it is normally used for treating. I keep Amoxicilin around the house. I've used them for my dogs, and have taken them myself. No prescription required.

I've used fish anitbiotics a couple times when I was in college and didn't have health insurance. you just have to take a bunch to get the dosage amount right, but they work.

3rd thing, kidnap a dentist.
No need.... I know a guy who sat on his sofa and would yank his own teeth out pretty often. He said bad teeth ran in his family ...why go to a dentist?
He must have had a bunch of "British" genes :cool: And no he was not from Alabama....

Refridgerated insulin has about a 1 year shelf life. That is my #1 med worry. Many of my family members and myself are Type I insulin dependent. I'm researching alternatives...

Last edited:
If the SHTF, I am going in the opposite direction of everyone else.

My wife and kids probably would not go along with me as they would be prone to follow the sheep and would give me a hard time and expose me or get me killed by doing something stupid and contrary to what I want.

Also another thing to think about is if the Wife and kids are at school and work when the proverbial SHTF, then how do you all meet up if roads are closed or military set up check points or they are funneling the masses to certain areas?
Would you want to go where they told you or get the hell out of there?

Scary stuff that only people in the movies can pull off for a "family reunion".

If the SHTF, I am going in the opposite direction of everyone else.

My wife and kids probably would not go along with me as they would be prone to follow the sheep and would give me a hard time and expose me or get me killed by doing something stupid and contrary to what I want.

Also another thing to think about is if the Wife and kids are at school and work when the proverbial SHTF, then how do you all meet up if roads are closed or military set up check points or they are funneling the masses to certain areas?
Would you want to go where they told you or get the hell out of there?

Scary stuff that only people in the movies can pull off for a "family reunion".

In a large scale SHTF situation I doubt the military could mobilize that quickly. Local law enforcement is a different matter. If traffic is an issue I go on bike or worse case on foot to meet up with my family. My oldest daughter who is away in college will head to my brother's and his family as they are closer (15 minutes as opposed to 6 hours for us).

i'm all set on the meds. my mom is a family doctor and she has at least 3 years supply of samples from drug manufacturers. when shtf, go rescue your family doctor and locate the closest amish community. don't forget, homeopathic medication is readily available.

-a|ex

No need.... I know a guy who sat on his sofa and would yank his own teeth out pretty often. He said bad teeth ran in his family ...why go to a dentist?
He must have had a bunch of "British" genes :cool: And no he was not from Alabama....

Refridgerated insulin has about a 1 year shelf life. That is my #1 med worry. Many of my family members and myself are Type I insulin dependent. I'm researching alternatives...

I've heard oil of oregano can reduce your dependancy on Insulin. look it up.

Back
Top Bottom