Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Colt Lightweight Commander

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Save for Dan Wesson

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Go eat some tacos

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Ultra CDP II. Had it about 6 months and put about 250rds through it with no problems at all. Just ended up trading it for something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... And the Colt is head and shoulders above the likes of Ruger et al. Get into the internals and you will see the true quality of each gun.

Actually, fit and finish on the Ruger were much better than the Colt Competition model. Even the finish on the Colt was kind of cheap looking although the Ruger being stainless makes that kind of an unfair comparison. .

The Ruger probably uses MIM parts or something that maybe the Colt doesn't, but honestly of the two the Ruger is the better built gun in my opinion. To me you buy a Colt (or a Kimber) for the name only these days. That's why I picked up the Colt, I wanted at least one of their guns before they went into bankruptcy for good next time.

I'm not trying to dog the Kimbers, but I've had two and they were both flakey as heck. They try to be too precise and yet the factory won't do the hard work of tolerance checking. Instead they tell you to shoot half a case of ammo through it to 'break it in'.

Actually, I guess I am trying to dog the Kimbers...

If you were closer, I'd let you run a box or three thru my DW and see how you like it. Everyone that has shot it has really liked it. The only ammo that I have had any issues with are my 147gr subs that I shoot a lot of suppressed. If you weren't in traffic hell, I'd try to meet up and help you decide. I will say that the bobtail really makes it nice to carry.

Actually, fit and finish on the Ruger were much better than the Colt Competition model. Even the finish on the Colt was kind of cheap looking although the Ruger being stainless makes that kind of an unfair comparison. .

The Ruger probably uses MIM parts or something that maybe the Colt doesn't, but honestly of the two the Ruger is the better built gun in my opinion. To me you buy a Colt (or a Kimber) for the name only these days. That's why I picked up the Colt, I wanted at least one of their guns before they went into bankruptcy for good next time.

I'm not trying to dog the Kimbers, but I've had two and they were both flakey as heck. They try to be too precise and yet the factory won't do the hard work of tolerance checking. Instead they tell you to shoot half a case of ammo through it to 'break it in'.

Actually, I guess I am trying to dog the Kimbers...

I have bought a half dozen new rugers. every last one of them was poorly finished inside, and had burs and machine marks throughout. One even would slamfire due to a huge bur left at the firing pin hole in the slide.

The Colt internals are a thing of beauty.

OK So I was perusing different sites and post and came across something that really piqued my interest. It was magnificent. The more I searched the harder it became to find one. I have a problem that when something is rare I want it even more so I think I've discovered my unicorn:.

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_SNSPerformance_Guns_Colt_20Commb97b0473b28124ef12f0e9e56c5c0a51.jpg

Attachments

• Colt Commander 9mm Stainless.jpg
    Colt Commander 9mm Stainless.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 8
I don't own a Ruger 1911 but IF I were looking for a nice carry I would certainly Entertain the Commander size.
they have everything that I personally want on a carry 1911 and none of the junk that I don't want on one.
I own a couple of Colts, one being a Combat Elite, its a nice weapon but if I remember right its in the 1300-1400 dollar or so range?
its a good shooter and accurate as well, but the 2 1911's that shoot the best for me is a Dan Wesson Point man and a Springfield range officer.
closely followed by any number of 500-700 dollar 1911;s, including some Phillipino guns.
reliability is usually the gun, accuracy is normally the shooter!
I believe that pretty much every manufacture of 1911's now use MIM parts, nothing wrong with MIM parts as long as they are fitted correctly, which is really the same with forged parts.

Back
Top Bottom