• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suggestions for a good bug out rifle. What have you chosen and why?

Seriously?

A .22 single shot rifle?
Or any .22LR rifle, for that matter, even a 10/22???

So your one and only "bug out" rifle will NOT have any role in self defense, or big game hunting (deer, hogs, etc.)?
It will be for bunnies and squirrels and possums. Shoot some crows and turkey buzzards, too, I imagine.

What will be your defensive weapon?

What if you find yourself being shot at or chased by attackers who are, at that moment, 100 yards away? Shoot one of them in the head, reload, and by then the mob is only 50 yards away? Shoot another one in the head, try to reload, and drop your Cricket in a panic as they pounce on your before you can get that third round loaded and cocked?
read the entire thread. you will see what i suggested was an ar 15 with a 22 conversion bolt. as far as the 50 people, my 941 holds 16+1 and has another 16 in the spare mag on the holster and a spare in the truck.. my bugout bag also hold my p89 15+1 and a battle belt with 8 p89 15 rnd mags. i think i could suppress a crowd thats about 185 rnds of 9 loaded and ready.but as far as survival, the cricket is a nice little rifle.pair it with a 22 reloader kit and your good.
i promise i wont make you own one... i also dont think a bug out situation will be call of duty, you will find you are bugging out, not digging in.

I'm gonna be trying to avoid as many "80's style action movie" shootouts as possible.

I want to be invisible. A suppressed .22 is pretty invisible.
Suppressed 300BK is pretty invisible, too. With that said and as much as I like the AR, my get home (not bug out) weapon is a suppressed 9mm carbine that takes Glock mags to match my sidearm. Shooting 147 HST is very invisible, but still packs some punch. I can also switch to supers and be good out past 100 yards with it.

Let me rephrase this. It will be my get home weapon if I ever get my &^#%#%^*&% stamp back!!!!!!

i think there is a difference between get home and bug out. get home is a pistol and a shotgun, pistol carried, shotgun in the truck.
bug out is may wind up on foot, lightweight find food, start fire,drink from a creek bag.
so bug out is, water filter, a mre or two,
pistol-p89 and 9 mags loaded, jericho 941 on my hip
rifle -ar 15 and 22bolt 3 22lr mags and 7 pmags loaded
and a cricket with 1k rnds of 22.
pistols= crap happens close
ar= crap happens farther away
cricket= i am hungry as crap and see a bird,squirrel, or rabbit

Back
Top Bottom