• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suggestions for a good bug out rifle. What have you chosen and why?

Ammo cost and I'm in love with my Mutants, I can't help it. Respectfully why did they make 300BK when we alraedy had 762x39? I know i'll get a smack down for this
No smack down. The reason for the 300 BK is, due to the fact it's based on the 5.56 case, it uses everything the 5.56 does on an AR platform, other than the barrel itself.

AR pistol or sbr in 300blk. It's a versatile hard hitting round ideal for close quarters but also very accurate on man sized targets up to 300yards. 30 round mags take up little room in your bag. Very soft recoil making follow shots a breeze. And I'm not worried about scavenging ammo, it's a shtf scenario not Call of Duty.

Seems like .300 blackout is definitely higher cost for practice than .223/5.56? I haven't ever owned/fired a .300 blackout rifle.
For practice ammo I usually get reloads from freedom munitions for about 40cent a round shipped. But I don't shoot my 300blk near as much as my 5.56 AR. If you're only gonna have one AR the 556 is definitely the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom