tacoma issue

Sounds like you have excessive runout in your rotors. Could be that way out of the box new. Can also be caused by sticking caliper pins causing the pads to drag(clean them and apply grease every brake job). More than one thing can cause this so just take it to a good shop.

Sounds like you have excessive runout in your rotors. Could be that way out of the box new. Can also be caused by sticking caliper pins causing the pads to drag(clean them and apply grease every brake job). More than one thing can cause this so just take it to a good shop.
Silicone brake grease only! DO NOT use regular grease on any brake part.

Had 04 Tacoma. Went through rotors like beer. Gat some high performace grooved rotors and they stay cooler. Check all front end components to make sure all is well though.

Can anyone recommend a honest shop?

Swapping rotors is easy
2 bolts to remove the caliper

I had the same problem with my 97 4 runner. After 4 sets of rotors I installed calipers and rotors from a tundra

You may have to grind a little off the calipers depending on which wheels you have to get em to fit inside the wheels. But after I did the swap I never warped another rotor
The stock ones are just too small
Google " tundra rotor swap" or something like that

I also could never get the Rear brakes to work properly
I could pull the ABS fuse and stomp the brakes on a gravel road and couldn't get the back wheels to lock up

If you want to swap the tundra rotors and calipers on I'd check with " off road Atlanta" in east point. They do all kinds of custom work

Last edited:
What I would say is it's your calipers or your rotors are already starting to,warp. Hell it could be your abs crapping out (thank God my 02 is non abs!)

There ya have it from a wheeler...

Holy crap long time no see man! I'm HillBilly_Youn01 on there btw.

Unfortunately the Landcruiser is gone and I'm driving a go cart now. Hope all is well

Take it to Doug (potenza) at the Firestone up in Acworth. He's as honest and straightforward as they come. He'll get it fixed for ya...he hooked me up on my wife's Trailblazer...

Back
Top Bottom