• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
About two months ago I was rear-ended by a lady (31 years old) on my way home from work. We pulled off to the side of the road and I immediately called the police. They came and the lady was forthcoming in admitting that she rear-ended me. As it turns out, she was driving her father's car. I called her father's insurance provider (State Farm) about 5-6 weeks ago. I have called several times and they keep telling me they cannot do anything until the father returns their calls and admits that he gave his daughter permission to drive his car. State Farm has the police report that states, unequivocally, that Brandy (the lady) rear-ended me at at a stop light. In my latest call with State Farm, they told me they were sorry and that I would just have to pay for the repairs myself since the father won't return the calls. I can't believe that is true if I have a police report stating that she is to blame. I have her name and her father's name (and their home addresses) but I don't have either of their phone numbers. My wife and I are days away from having our second child and we don't have the finances to deal with this. Moreover, every time it rains the water runs into the trunk of our car and we are concerned about further damage. Anybody dealt with a situation like this that could give me some advice?

Thank you so much in advance.

An attorney will not work if you are not suffering from injuries. They get paid by what you are paid by the insurance company, and a minor property damage claim does not interest the attorney. Insurance companies respond quickly to one thing "Insurance Commissioners" and complaints made to their office. Look up your State Insurance Commissioners office and file a formal complaint. This is ridiculous. Sorry you are going through this, and congratulations on your new baby. Make sure he/she becomes a lawyer.

About two months ago I was rear-ended by a lady (31 years old) on my way home from work. We pulled off to the side of the road and I immediately called the police. They came and the lady was forthcoming in admitting that she rear-ended me. As it turns out, she was driving her father's car. I called her father's insurance provider (State Farm) about 5-6 weeks ago. I have called several times and they keep telling me they cannot do anything until the father returns their calls and admits that he gave his daughter permission to drive his car. State Farm has the police report that states, unequivocally, that Brandy (the lady) rear-ended me at at a stop light. In my latest call with State Farm, they told me they were sorry and that I would just have to pay for the repairs myself since the father won't return the calls. I can't believe that is true if I have a police report stating that she is to blame. I have her name and her father's name (and their home addresses) but I don't have either of their phone numbers. My wife and I are days away from having our second child and we don't have the finances to deal with this. Moreover, every time it rains the water runs into the trunk of our car and we are concerned about further damage. Anybody dealt with a situation like this that could give me some advice?

Thank you so much in advance.

I have had a similar experience with an Insurance Co. Call the insurance company again and tell them that their explanation for not paying is unacceptable and then tell them that you will be reporting them to the GA Insurance Commissioner (Get his/her name). When I said that, the lady asked me to please hold and came back 30 seconds later saying that they would pay. No lawyer needed. I'm not guaranteeing that this will work, but it is worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom