That thought when someone who is very well off complains about money issues....

I have a friend that regularly tells me of he and his wife going out and ordering AND SPLITTING a meal between them, including the salad! She will drink water and he'll get a beer. He has LOADS of rental property in Athens and a big place on lake Burton. Tight bastard he is. Them that's got it, KEEP IT!:)

You need to read the book, "The Millionaire Next Door". In a nutshell it states to live off of half your income and save the remainder. Drive a simple car, etc... You would be surprised how main millionaires there are.....

Can't take it with you so I don't understand saving every penny you have. I put away for retirement and have emergency saving but I'm not going to be miserable and eat like I'm broke :)

Can't take it with you so I don't understand saving every penny you have. I put away for retirement and have emergency saving but I'm not going to be miserable and eat like I'm broke :)

Truth right here. I have a friend who stayed at the same hotel in Hawaii as Clark Howard. He said he saw Howard go to burger king to eat from the dollar menu everyday. That's just stupid. And unhealthy.

People can spend/save as they wish as far as I'm concerned. Just don't complain that Social Security is not enough to live on when they retire.

I have a friend that regularly tells me of he and his wife going out and ordering AND SPLITTING a meal between them, including the salad! She will drink water and he'll get a beer. He has LOADS of rental property in Athens and a big place on lake Burton. Tight bastard he is. Them that's got it, KEEP IT!:)

Nice way to speak of your friend. There are many reasons to do as he and his wife are doing. Let's look at it through "health" colored glasses. There's nothing wrong with splitting a salad and meal and there's nothing wrong with drinking water. Portion sizes are enormous and Americans overeat comfort foods to push ourselves into the obesity champions of the world. Water is the healthiest option at a restaurant and it's free...for now. It takes a lifestyle change to change most things. Health, finances, whatever it is. You say those that have it keep it. Maybe it's also true that Those that have it, have it because they decided to stop wasting it.

People can spend/save as they wish as far as I'm concerned. Just don't complain that Social Security is not enough to live on when they retire.
Second that...... I caught a show I think on Discovery about the cheapest people in America. One couple shared the toothbrush and spit cup. I was gagging...

Nice way to speak of your friend. There are many reasons to do as he and his wife are doing. Let's look at it through "health" colored glasses. There's nothing wrong with splitting a salad and meal and there's nothing wrong with drinking water. Portion sizes are enormous and Americans overeat comfort foods to push ourselves into the obesity champions of the world. Water is the healthiest option at a restaurant and it's free...for now. It takes a lifestyle change to change most things. Health, finances, whatever it is. You say those that have it keep it. Maybe it's also true that Those that have it, have it because they decided to stop wasting it.
True. My daughter and I still split a large Flo's filet dinner at Longhorn. We always drink water for cost and health reasons.

I'm with the guys talking about not being miserable, I work very hard 3-4 months at a time on the road away from my family so the money I make I use if I see something I want I'm gonna buy it and I'm gonna eat what I want I do understand saving money and I do save money but I ain't eating bologna and cheese every day and the a/c is gonna run I can't sleep if its even a tiny bit warm in the house I'll pay whatever the bill is to be comfortable

Back
Top Bottom