• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The famous Toyota 22R 4cyl

Never understood the infatuation. Had a 22RE in a 92 Pickup and it was the most unreliable vehicle I’ve owned. Plus it had no power and mediocre MPG.

Not knocking Toyota, currently have a 2014 Tacoma four cylinder 4wd that I love and has been flawless.
You must have gotten a lemon, I'm still driving a 94 toyota truck with the 22RE and it's still got plenty of power for a 4 banger.

You must have gotten a lemon, I'm still driving a 94 toyota truck with the 22RE and it's still got plenty of power for a 4 banger.
Last year before the Tacoma. I worked at Butler Toyota in 95 when the Tacoma and T100 hit the market. I really liked the T100. Don't know why they had to kill it off and go with the Tundra.

Last year before the Tacoma. I worked at Butler Toyota in 95 when the Tacoma and T100 hit the market. I really liked the T100. Don't know why they had to kill it off and go with the Tundra.

The T100 was built by Hino to test if the market/concept of a "full size" Toyota truck would work.... It failed on sooooo many levels.

My youngest son has a Tundra 4x4, it rides great and it's a beast too. Damn thing is huge too, I could just about park my 94 in the bed of it. Lol!

O
Maybe. But I’ve had friends that swear by them that seem to think head gaskets and timing chains and such aren’t a big deal or just part of it. Anything more than an oil change, it’s high maintenance to me, haha.

Hoping my current Taco lasts a long time (only at 44k miles currently).

Back
Top Bottom