• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The famous Toyota 22R 4cyl

Nice motor, ran one over 200k in an 82 Celica GT 5 speed, dad bought it for my sister, she put over 50k more on it, original clutch still in it when it got sold into a hunt club.
I had the same car with almost the same experience. Bought it new. Ran it up to 100k miles then gave it to my younger sister who kept it for another four years. Original clutch as well. Never did a thing to it except change the oil every 3k.

The T100 was built by Hino to test if the market/concept of a "full size" Toyota truck would work.... It failed on sooooo many levels.

But they learned fast

Now The tundra is by far the best full size pickup
I’ve driven fords Chevys and tundras as company trucks

I had the same car with almost the same experience. Bought it new. Ran it up to 100k miles then gave it to my younger sister who kept it for another four years. Original clutch as well. Never did a thing to it except change the oil every 3k.

In the early 90s My brother bought a 76 celica with 120k on it for $1200

Couple head gaskets and speedy sleeves on the crank pulley and next thing you know it had 498k on the clock
Best car I’ve ever seen

My first new car was a 1977 Celica GT liftback. I sold it after about 10 years and well over 300k miles. Never a problem with that old 20R motor. The new owner drove it another 10 years until the body finally gave out. The salt air in the Keys was hell on the whole Toyota family back then.

I know this thread is a bunch of BS, but it’s still fun.

I have a ‘79 pickup with a 20r and a ‘94 with a 22re. Both are extremely reliable

Heck I have a 02 sequoia with the 4.7 I bought it new with 2 miles it now has 345,000 never a problem with engine, only alternator, radiator and idler pulley replaced.

Reactions: MRM
Back
Top Bottom