• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The famous Toyota 22R 4cyl

images

My youngest son has a Tundra 4x4, it rides great and it's a beast too. Damn thing is huge too, I could just about park my 94 in the bed of it. Lol!
I must admit that I like the Tundra reg cab long bed. But I prefer a reg cab truck in any brand. The first gen Tundra was a decent looking truck since it was very close to the T100 in looks. But in the last few years the Tundra and Tacoma are really ugly.

Nissan released their Hardbody P/U with a V6 and caught Toyota with their pants down....so they slapped a turbo on the 22RE to try and compete.
89-90 is when the evil POS first gen V6 appeared.
I remember when the Hardbody was introduced. If my memory serves me right it was a half year model the first year in 85/86. My stepfather still owns a 91 4 cylinder 4 wheel drive that they bought new.

I must admit that I like the Tundra reg cab long bed. But I prefer a reg cab truck in any brand. The first gen Tundra was a decent looking truck since it was very close to the T100 in looks. But in the last few years the Tundra and Tacoma are really ugly.
I guess it's just a personal taste kinda thing, I don't like the old T-100's or single cab trucks. My 94 is a single cab and I'm always needing more space for stuff even though I like the truck overall. I like extended cabs but not really crazy about crew cabs, and I just really like the looks of the newer Tacomas & Tundras. My son's Tundra is the extended cab version, still plenty of room in the back seat and easy to get in & out of but also enough room in the bed to haul pretty much anything he needs to haul in it. It's great for pulling his boat to the lake too.

Back
Top Bottom