• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The MEGA ARMS picture and discussion thread. >POST EM UP!<

I have never heard of them before.:confused2:
Don’t feel bad.

Judging by the lack of people posting Mega Arms pics in this thread, Evidently 99.9% of ODT has never heard of them.
:pound:

I used to be the #1 Mega Arms fanboy on ODT, but I recently had to surrender the title to MegaFan MegaFan

He has out-done me in getting cool Mega Arms parts lately!

I used to be the #1 Mega Arms fanboy on ODT, but I recently had to surrender the title to MegaFan MegaFan
He has out-done me in getting cool Mega Arms parts lately!

No sir... just following your lead, and you have been leading me to some seriously high quality parts/pieces! As they "probably" won't be making Mega Arms in the future (unless Zev decides to bring them back), I am just collecting a few spares.

As an FYI, Zev Technologies is stepping up for issues with Mega Arms products. I received one of three new billet upper and handguard sets from Brownells today that was missing the "accessory kit" (barrel nut, wrench, 9-slot rail,and mounting screws). Called Brownells, customer service offered to send a complete replacement set but that meant boxing up and returning, and them cross shipping the new kit. CSR put me on hold, called Zev, and Zev said a new accessory kit would ship today directly from the "factory". Few hours later, got a shipping confirmation from Zev, with parts expected Tuesday. Made me feel good that Zev is standing behind the Mega Arms products.

As an FYI, Zev Technologies is stepping up for issues with Mega Arms products. I received one of three new billet upper and handguard sets from Brownells today that was missing the "accessory kit" (barrel nut, wrench, 9-slot rail,and mounting screws). Called Brownells, customer service offered to send a complete replacement set but that meant boxing up and returning, and them cross shipping the new kit. CSR put me on hold, called Zev, and Zev said a new accessory kit would ship today directly from the "factory". Few hours later, got a shipping confirmation from Zev, with parts expected Tuesday. Made me feel good that Zev is standing behind the Mega Arms products.
That’s good news!

I’ve never dealt with Zev before but I was a little bit worried by the fact that before the buyout, Mega packaged all their billet sets like this:
C54A13D2-39C8-4BC4-B018-D010AB10B466.jpeg

But after Zev bought Mega, those same billet sets started being packaged like this:
C156F23F-9665-4B18-89E2-E9FF61DEAE0C.jpeg

It made me wonder where else Zev might to try to cut corners to save a buck at the expense of Mega’s reputation.

Dang! The 2nd pic wouldn't be a big deal if you had never seen the first set though...
Yeah and really the packaging isn’t THAT big of a deal since you’re obviously not going to keep your completed gun in it anyway but still, it just made me wonder...

If they’re skimping on that, what else will they skimp on?

MegaFan MegaFan ‘s post about Zev promptly taking care of his issue gives me hope though.

It's those really good co. with top level equipment are getting taken over by the big conglomerates and start cutting cost and quality. Either that or they are having to cut cost drastically because of the really cheap and mid level AR's being sold a prices that they are. So no company or product is name is a guarantee for being what is was. After the assembly process begins then that will tell the tale.

Back
Top Bottom