• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The MEGA ARMS picture and discussion thread. >POST EM UP!<

Took time today to build a Mega Arms billet AR15, using similar parts/pieces to my previous MATEN build. Mega Arms pieces used are the billet upper and lower, extended rifle length key-mod handguard, trigger, and ambi CH. Used an FNH CHF 18" barrel, rifle length gas system, PSA NiB BCG, VG6 Precision Gamma brake, Spikes Tactical enhanced lower parts kit with Ergo Suregrip, Aero Precision buffer tube kit, and MFT Minimalist stock. Headspace checked out, so maybe I'll get some rounds in this weekend. Few pics below to show the new build with the MATEN.

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

20180313_105716.jpg

Finished another Mega Arms build; this one is with a forged Mega Arms upper and lower, still in 556, but with a 11.5 inch Sig M400 barrel and handguard (ALG Defense). Running low on my Mega Arms triggers and they are now impossible to find. Only 4 more Mega Arms builds remaining in my inventory then on to finishing some of my other stockpiled build kits. Next Mega Arms build will probably be a 300 BLK pistol with matching colors to the one above, with sequential serial numbers.

View attachment 1552018 Finished another Mega Arms build; this one is with a forged Mega Arms upper and lower, still in 556, but with a 11.5 inch Sig M400 barrel and handguard (ALG Defense). Running low on my Mega Arms triggers and they are now impossible to find. Only 4 more Mega Arms builds remaining in my inventory then on to finishing some of my other stockpiled build kits. Next Mega Arms build will probably be a 300 BLK pistol with matching colors to the one above, with sequential serial numbers.

That's badass!

Thinking about getting a mega lower, I'm looking for ambi-bolt catch and ambi bolt release...for those that know, does this have what I'm looking for?

Not sure what an "ambi bolt catch" is and I'm sure the reference is to the ambi bolt catch release. The referenced ambi billet lower adds the right side bolt catch release hardware (included with the lower) to give you ambi functionality. Still just a single centered bolt catch that can be released from either side.

Note that the model 3S is the rounded design, compatible with forged uppers, while the 3H is the hexagonal version, designed to match the Mega Arms billet uppers. Buy the lower to match the upper you plan to use.

You can buy the 3S ambi lower at several places, including JSE Surplus, while the 3H ambi is hard to find.

http://www.jsesurplus.com/megaarms-4-1-1-1.aspx

Sorry, now I understand your original question. The Mega Arms ambi billet lower does not have a separate "manual latch" style bolt hold open feature, like some of the very pricey weapons. The best you can do is pull and hold back the charging handle (with bolt) while you push the lower half of the bolt catch release, forcing the catch upwards to retain the bolt. However, the right ambi release side does not provide the bolt hold open option.

Back
Top Bottom