• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The science of the draw stroke with Ron Avery

I love it! This is what I try to teach my officers...It's all about Psycho motor skills...Teaching the mind and the body to become fluid..In sink with each other..It take 3,500 to 5,000 repetitions for the mind, and the motor skills to come in sink. When you go to access your weapon, you don't look but react..And when the threat is gone you don't look to put your weapon back in the holster..The point being you never take your eye off a situation, or a possible threat..Mind and body Psycho Motor skills work as one..

I taught martial arts for 20 years. All of this falls right into the same category. Robotic, tense movements slow you down. Repetition is the best way to train the motor skills, and it will come naturally over time. Sometimes the improvements are dramatic, and the practitioner may not even realize how dramatic. No wasted, unnecessary motions.

I have watched that video several times over the last two years. Would love a class with him. I have a best draw to shot on target A ZONE of 0.87 seconds, with very repeatable sub one second hits. All with an HK45. This was on a clock in a class, I need my own shot timer.

I have watched that video several times over the last two years. Would love a class with him. I have a best draw to shot on target A ZONE of 0.87 seconds, with very repeatable sub one second hits. All with an HK45. This was on a clock in a class, I need my own shot timer.

What distance? I would love to have seen this video continue as they go back to 7, 10, 15, 20 yards. It's been my experience that this method " sort of bowling" degrades terribly with distance vs. how the kid was initially drawing "punch out". Gives me something to think about.

What distance? I would love to have seen this video continue as they go back to 7, 10, 15, 20 yards. It's been my experience that this method " sort of bowling" degrades terribly with distance vs. how the kid was initially drawing "punch out". Gives me something to think about.

We began at contact distances and eventually back to 5 yards. My times definitely would've been longer at 20 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We began at contact distances and eventually back to 5 yards. My times definitely would've been longer at 20 yards

10 4. Shooting a stationary piece of paper from 0-5 yds is a totally different animal. Reality dictates that under a second an advancing adversary would be on top of you EVERY time at those distances no matter what complete draw you're using. The draw stoke as shown in the video has debatable value for those distances in a dynamic fight.?

dryfire, dryfire.............thousands of times. Used to drink my coffee in the mornings and dryfire for 30-45 minutes EVERY day

100% great value.

10 4. Shooting a stationary piece of paper from 0-5 yds is a totally different animal. Reality dictates that under a second an advancing adversary would be on top of you EVERY time at those distances no matter what complete draw you're using. The draw stoke as shown in the video has debatable value for those distances in a dynamic fight.?

100% great value.

In the Suarez classes I've taken we were taught to move first then draw while moving and shoot.

Back
Top Bottom