• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Them NAA minis!

I came to my own conclusion a year or more ago when I looked at the Ballistics By the Inch website. The site only goes down to a 2" barrel on 22 LR and 22 WMR but based on muzzle velocity only.
CCI 40 grain the velocity of 22 WMR is only 100 FPS faster the LR. Might make a little difference in performance but not significant..
Out of the 1 5/8" I basically have figured basically a tie in terms of performance at the muzzle..

Unless they have updated their info, they used regular WMR ammo, not the stuff specifically designed for short barrels. The difference is greater now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, & Thanks! They talked about the 22 Mag not adding benefit on such a short barrel, and went on to say that it just burns the powder & causes a big ball of fire!?!?!?! To my way of thinking, if I can throw the bullet, and produce a big ball of fire at close range; that's a pretty good benefit!
Absolutely! Being the mini is an up close n personal back up, when I shoot and "it's loud" with a bit of "fireball" then hell yea- that's what I want the perp(s) to see and hear...GTFOM!!

Interesting, & Thanks! They talked about the 22 Mag not adding benefit on such a short barrel, and went on to say that it just burns the powder & causes a big ball of fire!?!?!?! To my way of thinking, if I can throw the bullet, and produce a big ball of fire at close range; that's a pretty good benefit!
I agree! Kinda like a hand held directional flash bang.

I’ll take one for the team. Ride or die! (Straps on level 4 Armor)
8EF0F71E-1EFA-482E-A68E-428C88A07967.gif

Back
Top Bottom