• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

things your wife does

If that is your only complaint, you haven't been married long enough. Let your mother in law move in with you for 9 months and you will hear complaints. Just remember we aren't perfect either. This is from an old married man getting ready to celebrate 31st anniversary in a week.
Mother in law and her teenage son have lived with me since August. The level of disrespect and "logic" that has come out of his mouth would make any man cringe. I would take him out back and beat the breaks off of him but my wife says it wouldn't do him any good. I told her I would be better though.

And yeah, I get tag teamed at times with my wife and mother in law. They find something they want to do and then come at me together saying we should do this, like buy her teenage son some $150 shoes or build some ****ed up art thingy they found on Pintrest or move furniture in a spot that makes absolutely no ****ing sense. Sad part is when most of the time when I say no, it's still done anyway when I get home, and they still want me to actively support that decision... :crazy:

Mother in law and her teenage son have lived with me since August. The level of disrespect and "logic" that has come out of his mouth would make any man cringe. I would take him out back and beat the breaks off of him but my wife says it wouldn't do him any good. I told her I would be better though.

And yeah, I get tag teamed at times with my wife and mother in law. They find something they want to do and then come at me together saying we should do this, like buy her teenage son some $150 shoes or build some ****ed up art thingy they found on Pintrest or move furniture in a spot that makes absolutely no ****ing sense. Sad part is when most of the time when I say no, it's still done anyway when I get home, and they still want me to actively support that decision... :crazy:
That sucks..... neither one of us would ever let any family live with us. NO WAY. Hope it gets better for ya.

That sucks..... neither one of us would ever let any family live with us. NO WAY. Hope it gets better for ya.
That was our plan too so I thought. But life brings you interesting challenges and my wife is extremely family (hers) centered. So when stuff went sideways where my MIL was and my wife and I found an opportunity to move up here, they came too. I forgot to mention my wife has two other siblings, but they are off in college. They will be coming "home" in a few weeks too. :doh:

The one upside, with a 2 year old and a 1 month old baby girl, my MIL does take care of the kids during the week while I work.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom