• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Those of you with suppressors...

Was your suppressor worth it?

• hell yeah!

• I guess

• nope

• I was told there would be cake...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Let me Axe you a question. Do you like filling out paperwork and asking for approval/permission every time you carry stuff out of state? You are short on time and want to move to Alabama fast for a job but now you can't because you own suppressors in Georgia.

Let me Axe you a question. Do you like filling out paperwork and asking for approval/permission every time you carry stuff out of state? You are short on time and want to move to Alabama fast for a job but now you can't because you own suppressors in Georgia.
suppressors don't need a permission slip to cross state lines. machine guns and SBR/SBS does.

Outside of asking the Govn't for permission, can't see a downside. I have a .30 cal YHM Resonator, very inexpensive and works great. I have adaptors for 4 rifles / pistols.

The *only thing* with going the suppressed 10mm route is - what are you expecting to achieve by it? Fire subsonic 10mm ammo? Or are you going for reduced muzzle signature?

A normal 10mm round out of a suppressed pistol is not going to remove the need for ear pro. And if you want to do something interesting like develop a weaker 10mm round - that's already a thing. It's called 40 S&W.

sure, but it can still be quick...as there is no form to fill out to move across state lines legally.
I just saw this and I think it is newish.

NOTE: MOVING WITHIN YOUR STATE

ATF has recently updated their forms and now requires notification when you move within a state for any NFA Firearm. This can be done using the 5320.20 form which is described on this page. While the document states that it is not necessary when moving across state lines for a suppressor, it is now required by the instructions on the Form 4. Regardless of how you feel, we would recommend that you complete a Form 20 for any move even if across the street.

The ATF requires prior authorization after a written request to transport any destructive device, machine gun, short-barreled rifle, or short-barreled shotgun under Section 922(a)(4), The ATF does not require this prior authorization for a suppressor. While the prior authorization from the ATF is not required, we do still recommend obtaining an approved Form 20 from the ATF for Suppressors before crossing state lines. We feel that it is better to have a document from the federal government stating it is legal to be in possession of the item in another state than is listed on your Form 4 or Form 1 which was used to acquire the item.

Title 18 U.S.C. While the ATF use to accept a letter, ATF stopped accepting letters and is requiring this form to be filled out and it needs to be submitted in duplicate.

Anytime you move or want to take NFA firearms across state lines Two copies of the Form 20 should be completed and sent to the following address by mail, fax or email:

BATFE
Attention: NFA Branch
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, WV 25405

Back
Top Bottom