• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Those of you with suppressors...

Was your suppressor worth it?

• hell yeah!

• I guess

• nope

• I was told there would be cake...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Also, OP, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but there are very few manufacturers out there that sell factory 10mm pistols with threaded barrels (FN, Hi Point and Springfield), so you might have to add the cost of an aftermarket threaded barrel to your budget.

No regrets at all. The wait time stinks.

My .22 cans get the most action, the 9mm would be next after those. The .22 cans have been helpful in working with new shooters

Centerfire handgun suppressors aren’t really worth it to me. Just too heavy and cumbersome for serious use on pistols.

Rimfire suppressor is the cheapest and the one I use most. No need to worry about hearing protection and light enough to use on handguns and rifles.

A dedicated 556 can (assuming your go to rifle is an AR15) will be lighter, smaller, and maybe quieter than a 30 cal but a 30 cal can be used for hunting as well BUT…

…I go back and forth on hunting rifles though. If you expect multiple shots (hogs, coyotes, etc), they’re useful. But for deer, it’s extra weight and length for just one shot.

Depending on how much you wanna spend, a rimfire can and a 30 cal can do all practical things you need. Research your mounts.

Also, OP, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but there are very few manufacturers out there that sell factory 10mm pistols with threaded barrels (FN, Hi Point and Springfield), so you might have to add the cost of an aftermarket threaded barrel to your budget.
I had my eyes on the RIA Tac Ultra 10mm, pretty much a 2011 with threaded barrel. Watched a bunch of youtube reviews, a few shooting suppressed, seems solid.

I do realize that 10mm is one of the least efficient calibers to be shooting suppressed, lol, but I just figured I would start there since I've wanted one for so long. I have 22's, 9's and 45's but none of them are threaded, maybe I'll have them threaded after buying the can or find barrels for them.

here is the correct order to purchase suppressors. You "need" 3 and many go with more eventually which is fine, too.

First is a 308 can. Allows you to shoot 308/556/300BO without hearing damage in a home defense or hunting situation. Still not quiet but will not make you cross the "instant damage" threshold.

then a 22 can. Subs in a rifle with a 22 can, if you're shooting alone outside it silly. Basically as quiet on my FV MK 2 as just dropping the hammer empty. The ringing of the steel is louder.

then a pistol can. Get 45 can no matter what, because you can go with smaller calibers with either nothing or an end cap change. suppressed pistols are a really fun novelty and you will end up putting it on a PCC and never shooting it on a pistol, even after you are $1k+ into threaded barrels and mounts for all the random stuff you wanted to try suppressed.

if you've ever bought a gun at a store, ammo with a credit card, or on this website, you're on the list. Yes FATF is a scam and they all deserve to have fire ants take up residence in their pee holes, but you gotta pay to play and deal with the wait. Start the wait now, and buy more cans, and SBR all the things.

I do realize that 10mm is one of the least efficient calibers to be shooting suppressed, lol, but I just figured I would start there since I've wanted one for so long. I have 22's, 9's and 45's but none of them are threaded, maybe I'll have them threaded after buying the can or find barrels for them.
If you are near atlanta I'd be happy to let you shoot my stuff with cans. My pistol can will do anything up to 45 and I have threaded 9, 45, etc to play with. 22 can on rifle or pistol. 308 can on a rattler with subs sounds like a staple gun.

here is the correct order to purchase suppressors. You "need" 3 and many go with more eventually which is fine, too.

First is a 308 can. Allows you to shoot 308/556/300BO without hearing damage in a home defense or hunting situation. Still not quiet but will not make you cross the "instant damage" threshold.

then a 22 can. Subs in a rifle with a 22 can, if you're shooting alone outside it silly. Basically as quiet on my FV MK 2 as just dropping the hammer empty. The ringing of the steel is louder.

then a pistol can. Get 45 can no matter what, because you can go with smaller calibers with either nothing or an end cap change. suppressed pistols are a really fun novelty and you will end up putting it on a PCC and never shooting it on a pistol, even after you are $1k+ into threaded barrels and mounts for all the random stuff you wanted to try suppressed.

if you've ever bought a gun at a store, ammo with a credit card, or on this website, you're on the list. Yes FATF is a scam and they all deserve to have fire ants take up residence in their pee holes, but you gotta pay to play and deal with the wait. Start the wait now, and buy more cans, and SBR all the things.

I got the 30 cal can first - Sandman S. It gets moved around all my long guns as needed, flawless.

Followed that with the Mask HD, I can't imagine how many rounds have gone thru' it on rifles and pistols (CCI Standard in most of my pistols is subsonic)

I then got a Dead Air Odessa 9, because I don't shoot pistols in bigger calibers, and it's nice that I don't need suppressor-height sights with it. That lives most of the time on the Ruger PC Carbine.

In the very near future, I'll have a Dead Air Ghost which I've bought primarily for living on my Henry Big Boy X, but it'll probably do the rounds on just about everything I have where the sights will still work, so it probably qualifies as 'multi-cal'.

I have 4 9mm cans. one for each of my 9mm SBRs and a r9 that can go on 223 or 308 guns with a 16" or longer barrel. 2 30 cal cans...a trash panda and a resonator k. both suppress 556 decently. also have a rimfire can(el camino). next can will be another 30 cal or 556 dedicated can...and ATLEAST one more rimfire can...prolly a mask or the modular Q can..

Back
Top Bottom