• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TIME TO FESS UP! What's the most you've overpaid for gun stuff?

25 cents if you are lucky and that depends a lot to do with gun it's on.
Well that's true. I was throwing that value out there based more on car, truck, Harley and Jeep accessories. And as I'm sure you already know there are a bunch of really stupid accessories for Harleys and Jeeps.
As for guns well just two days ago I had a comment blocked by the mods about a ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR SKS. As I recall it had Tapco ( cheap plastic ****) accessories and they didn't even post a single pic. Cause hey I don't know about yall but I just gotta see a thousand dollar SKS.

Over the years I've offended quite a few Democrats and shall we say Wiggers who wanted to sell me their raggedy Impala,Lumina, Taurus etc for WAY too much money and went into all kinds of details about what they spent on stereos and or wheels and tires. But I always interrupt them and say " Okay well do you have the factory parts? Cause we don't want this other silly ****."

NRA show in Nashville many years ago. Wayne Driscoll was there with the cutest miniature Colt SAAs in miniature wood cases. Think I paid over 500 in 1990's dollars for it. Its still around here someplace.

I paid $800 for a Federal Arms FA91 (HK91/g3 clone with ****ty cast receiver) when I was first getting into guns and didnt know that "clones" were a thing. Still don't know how I goofed that bad and had been so oblivious.

Well that's true. I was throwing that value out there based more on car, truck, Harley and Jeep accessories. And as I'm sure you already know there are a bunch of really stupid accessories for Harleys and Jeeps.
As for guns well just two days ago I had a comment blocked by the mods about a ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR SKS. As I recall it had Tapco ( cheap plastic ****) accessories and they didn't even post a single pic. Cause hey I don't know about yall but I just gotta see a thousand dollar SKS.

Over the years I've offended quite a few Democrats and shall we say Wiggers who wanted to sell me their raggedy Impala,Lumina, Taurus etc for WAY too much money and went into all kinds of details about what they spent on stereos and or wheels and tires. But I always interrupt them and say " Okay well do you have the factory parts? Cause we don't want this other silly ****."
I wasn't trying to correct you I was baking up your play. You were right, you hardly get anything for them.

During the nineties, the little .32 cal Seacamp had a msrp of under $400; but routinely sold for $800-1,000........if you could find one. People were waiting a year or more to get delivery on one. I lusted after one for a couple of years; but could never find one. My son and my wife found one and bought it for me as a Christmas gift. It cost them around $850 with tax. It still lives in my safe; and might sell for $400 on a good day.

I keep telling myself that I didn't buy it....but, since I was the only one in the house with an income, I suppose I really did.

So traded two AR's for a 1927 Thompson and two weeks later Sandy Hook so missed out on that one...

Paid close to 12-hunnerd for an SVT-40 but at the time absolutely had to have it. Figured one day I could make my money back but it would be some time.

Honestly, none to date. I won't BS you to think I have amazing foresight and/or wisdom. Its simply because I am a younger guy who got priced out once everything starting spiking. I wasn't going to have my wife start hooking so I could buy that $2500 Anderson AR. I just crossed my fingers and hoped that things would settle down.

If you've been in the hobby long enough then you've overpaid at some point, so let's hear about the stupid money you've spent on this crippling gun addiction that we all suffer from.

I'll start us off. It hurts to even post this, but here it goes...

During the Clinton AWB I paid $80 for a USED 25-round 10/22 magazine. During that same time I paid another $80 for a USED 15-round Glock 19 magazine. If I remember correctly I bought them both out of the catalog that Cheaper Than Dirt used to send me in the mail about once a month.

But the worst gun purchase I ever made was in late 2008 right after Obama won the election.

I had never owned an AR before and was convinced that Obama would completely outlaw them on day-one in office, so it was NOW OR NEVER for me to get one!

Me and a guy I worked with stopped by Academy Sports in Athens and they had two ARs out on the shelf. They were the only two they had and the salesman said he had no idea if they would ever get anymore. We both swallowed that bull**** hook line and sinker.

My co-worker walked out with a Bushmaster for $900 + tax

I walked out the proud owner of a S&W M&P-15 for $1150 + tax!

:doh:

Alright, those are my best/worst horror stories, so now it's your turn!

Bought a Rifle case from the Police Property Room website, for $19, did not bother to look that the shipping from California was $76.00, then went to Bass Pro Shop and saw the rifle case for $15.00. I felt like a Dumbass!!!!

Back
Top Bottom