• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time to get my fat arse back in gear....again

Patronus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
152   0
Reaction score
Well boys. It's WAY past time to get back in gear. I've gotten fat(er) again and starting in the AM I am getting back on the ball. I have 4 days off each week so I am going back to a 2 day, one hour per day, workout split with two 1 hour walks per day until I can start jogging again, then one 1 hour walk and a 2 mile jog.

This may take a little building up to. LOL.

I'm trying to work out the split for the workout though. My nebulous, pre-plan so far is:

Day 1

Chest, shoulders and triceps

Military press
Arnolds
Inclined dumbbell press
Flat Bench
Declined dumbbell press
Tricep extensions

Day 2
Biceps, back, legs and abs

Curl Bar - standing
Seated dumbell curls
Row
Lat pulls
Squats
Crunches

Day 3

Rest

Day 4
Chest, shoulders and triceps

Military press
Arnolds
Inclined dumbbell press
Flat Bench
Declined dumbbell press
Tricep extensions

Day 5
Biceps, back, legs and abs

Curl Bar - standing
Seated dumbell curls
Row
Lat pulls
Squats
Crunches

Work (8 hours)

Day 6-7

Rest

Work(16 hours each day)

Not looking to go into competition. Just want to build muscle to burn fat and improve overall health. I think I have the basics covered for all muscle groups. And I do NOT want to spend more than an hour a day in my dungeon. LOL. Even with that I am looking at three hours per day devoted to exercise. If that doesn't make me immortal, then screw it....I'm going to the buffet for lunch. ;)(

Screenshot_2017-04-13-08-51-18-1.png

Also, you need to train your primary (or larger) muscle groups 1st (Chest, back) before your secondary (shoulders, biceps, triceps). This will allow you to train your larger muscles without pre-exhausting your secondary muscles. Then when you have worked the large muscle group, transition to the secondaries. This will help you complete the workout with more efficiency. Also, train your core (abs) between sets to help save time. Weight training is about intensity and blood flow, not just moving weight around.

If you have any questions just ask. (I basically do this for a living so.... yeah)

For just 2 gym days a week that's pretty good. Would be better to do 3 days with legs on its own day but if you struggle with your runs you could keep it as is.

I work from home so I try to go 5x a week, even on weekends. I'd do one body part each day: chest, back, legs, shoulders, arms with 1.5-2 mile jog after weight training. If I know I'm busy that week I'd do a split, chest and tris, back and bis and legs.

Also, you need to train your primary (or larger) muscle groups 1st (Chest, back) before your secondary (shoulders, biceps, triceps). This will allow you to train your larger muscles without pre-exhausting your secondary muscles. Then when you have worked the large muscle group, transition to the secondaries. This will help you complete the workout with more efficiency. Also, train your core (abs) between sets to help save time. Weight training is about intensity and blood flow, not just moving weight around.

Thats why shoulders and arms are at the end of the week for me.

Back
Top Bottom