• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tonite at 8pm Senate to debate bill! Background Check Deal Reached,

From isackson

Thank you for contacting my office regarding our Second Amendment rights. I appreciate your thoughts on this issue and am grateful for the opportunity to respond to you.

I support the Second Amendment right of all law-abiding citizens to defend themselves and their families. I firmly believe that we do not need more gun control in America; rather we need more criminal control. To that end, I support instant background checks on the commercial purchase of all guns to prevent convicted felons from obtaining them, but I do not support waiting periods or the registration of any firearm. As many of these issues reemerge in the 113th Congress, I will work for common-sense legislation that keeps our children safe without infringing upon our Second Amendment rights.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please visit my webpage at http://isakson.senate.gov/ for more information on the issues important to you and to sign up for my e-newsletter.

Sincerely,
Johnny Isakson
United States Senator

For future correspondence with my office, please visit my web site at http://isakson.senate.gov/contact.cfm. You can also click here to sign up for the eNewsletter

I have called and sent e mails at leat half a dozen times they want to look like they are doing something so they will pass some stupid laws they wont be able to enforce then they will turn that into registry then you know what comes after that. So which one of you fine fellows has the means to become a ffl to do the odt transfers?

I emailed both yesterday and today again.

Sent to Both,

While I may get heated sometimes in my email exchanges it is because I am very Passionate about the constant Attacks on and Erosion of our Rights, not just our Second Amendment rights. While I support the Current Laws on the books I do not believe more Gun Control Laws are the answer. I do not support any further Background Checks or Limits on Magazine Capacities. It would be Impossible for the Government to institute an Economical and Reasonable way for the average American to run an Instant background check on Personal Face to Face sales of firearms. Or for instance, if I wanted to sell a weapon to my son or other Family member that I know has No Background Issues. These are Ludicrous Idea's. Fact is None; Zero of these Mass Killings was done with weapons that weren't purchased by someone who didn't already have a background check. These weapons were either purchased legally or taken from law abiding citizens. While each one of these instances were Tragedic and I sympathize with the Victims. Limiting Magazine Capacities and Personal Sales Background Checks will have Zero effect as a deterrent to Stop further instances like these from happening.

These percentages given by the Press are often incorrect and given only to try push their Liberal Polices, and Ideals to try garner support through Lies and Manipulation of the Facts. For instance could you please explain how they arrive at a “40% of all Gun sales are done through Private Sales”? IMPOSSIBLE to prove that number, it has been pulled out of the Air. There is no way that people are reporting Private Sales and there is no way to track them. The Weapons Dealers and Gun Stores would be out of Business if they were Losing 40% of their business to Private Sales. So once again I say this is a Fabricated Number and Not a true representation of Private Sales. Another misrepresented Fact is the amount of children Killed every year by Gun Violence. These Percentages given again are Fabricated. Sorry, I don’t consider 17-19 year old people Children. These are Draft eligible and Service eligible, young adults, and they make up the Bulk of these skewed percentages. Most of those are also DRUG related, and or other CRIME related killings, Not Mass or innocent shootings. Let’s put the Blame where that belongs, in FAILED Parenting, Unmoral Society, and a FAILED Criminal Justice System. I’ll give you a Real Fact: there are Almost 2000 children 14yrs and younger Killed every year By Drunk Drivers more than 1/3 of which are REPEAT offenders, where is the OUTRAGE? Guns don’t Kill, People Kill.
Do not erode our Second Amendment Rights Further. I would urge you and hope that you Will Vote No on any current and against any Further Legislation on Gun Control.

Thank You

Note: I got the Same reply as jsp37 from Isakson.

Last edited:
I wonder if any real changes were made, or as usual nothing but the verbiage has changed. Just to show that they have done "something"

Back
Top Bottom