• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

too old for a new dog?

love my dog!!!
20210905_101856.png

I would adopt a middle age dog that is healthy and calm and fits your life style, probably a dog on the smaller size. I just lost my dog of 16.5 years last week, fortunately we also had a 3.5yo dog as well to help us through the grief. I'm only 54 but I'm leaning towards mid size to smaller dogs from now on. There are lots of middle age dogs in need of homes. I don't think I would go the puppy route at your age or mine for that matter. Dogs are my favorite people.....:)
Sir, so sorry for your loss. It's good that you have a dog at home to help you get through a tough time. God bless.

our dog died last week, we had him for 15 years or more.

Wife and I are in mid 70s now and debating getting a new puppy/young dog. Are we too old to start again?? We can't give much exercise, walks, playing in yard etc. which wouldn't be fair to a young active pup.

What is the consensus??
Sir, so sorry to hear of you and your bride losing your dog. God bless you. Good luck with your decision.

You need one of these breeds. I've had a couple English Bulldogs and one named Parker, because he only took a few steps and laid down to park for a few hours.

Our Shi Tzu / Cocker Spaniel mix spends her days following my wife's every move in the house, and sleeping. She likes to take one long walk a day and that's sufficient. (Long is relative -- maybe 1/4 mile round trip, less as she gets older). Grooming is crucial, though -- that long hair gets too hot in Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom