Tough Gun Control = Higher Violent Crime

dougiemac

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
119   0
Reaction score
I have a trip to Puerto Rico planned and thought I'd look up the gun laws of this little island territory of the U.S. what I found was not shocking. Puerto Rico has possibly the toughest gun laws (aka no real rights nor freedoms regarding firearms) but yet an alarmingly high rate of violent crime. Puerto Rico has more homicides per capita than any state in the U.S. Check out what I found...pretty interesting.

"Puerto Rico, although a US possesion, has limited *very* autonomy and has very tough gun laws, chasing NY at full speed as a gun lovers hating state. Again, the false premise of "more gun control = less violent crime" is the thing to do. Down here are three basic firearm permits:

Ownership: you get your firearm in your house with a lonesome box of bullets. can't go to any range, can't do anything, just having it stored in your house............also you can only own one handgun and a box of bullets

Shooting Range: this is actually an add on to the ownership. you can buy all the weapons you might want (that is in reasonable quantity), and all the ammunition you might need, BUT, you can only carry the weapons unloaded, the magazines empty from your house to the shooting range, viceversa, or from one house to another.

Concealed Carry: that is the only carry permit available, you can have it loaded but cannot be visible; aside from the usual not to be carried on state or federal buildings, schools, ad nauseam, etc...Still not all carry permits are equal; when it is work related, such as certain security jobs, you have the permit for work hours and a maximum two hours after you finished your work day (night)

Now comes the bummer..........Ownership is aproximately $400 (fees, lawyer, stamps)
Shooting Range Permit add $50 more, and the concealed carry is $1000. These licenses have a duration of 5 years, after that time you have six months to renew the license or you get your guns confiscated, and after that point there is no guarantee you'll have them back..."

reference: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?47007-Gun-Rights-in-Puerto-Rico

I lived in P.R. twice in the military. They kill a bunch of folks down there. I saw guy at the Burger King once and he had a Ruger P Series stuffed down the front of his pants. Another time I was driving late at night and in San Juan and at a red light a guy pulled up next to me and fired a pistol out of his window. I blew the red light and got the heck outta there reaaaalllll quick. P.R. is a very dangerous place.

Liberals think that just because you make a law that people will follow it to a T so what no make illegal to commit suicide there now that should safe thousands of life's every year. Haha what joke all of this is . They need to stop proving all us guilty before innocent.

Liberals think that just because you make a law that people will follow it to a T so what no make illegal to commit suicide there now that should safe thousands of life's every year. Haha what joke all of this is . They need to stop proving all us guilty before innocent.
Its all just a power grab by them with everything...

Back
Top Bottom