• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Trading Stuff over State lines

randomreader

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
59   0
Reaction score
I'm a little unsure of what the laws are. Situation: someone in Alabama offers to trade a handgun for your rifle, and says he'll meet you at a gun store in Georgia. Can you just swap guns, or would you have to go through an FFL guy and extra fees and paperwork and all that?

Yes. An iINTERtate transfer needs to be handled by an FFL holder.

Only INTRAstate (within same state) can be ftf.

ATF does monitor firearms forums and has busted people for it. I, for one, do not like the idea of visiting with the federal prison system for the next however many years.

Yes. An iINTERtate transfer needs to be handled by an FFL holder.

Only INTRAstate (within same state) can be ftf.

ATF does monitor firearms forums and has busted people for it. I, for one, do not like the idea of visiting with the federal prison system for the next however many years.

Not at all LOL. Just go through an FFL and save yourself the TIME... the long time and trouble.

sometimes people say I can be condescending... (that means talk down to people)

LOL,
i56.tinypic.com_mv0lrb.jpg

Last edited:
Would you have to go to two different FFLs? One in his state and one in yours (due to swap not sale)?

Depends on the items being traded and states involved. You can only get a handgun in the state you reside in, so if it happened to be two handguns you would need one in each state. Rifles could be either, or a rifle/handgun would be best to have the transfer done in the state the handgun is going to.

Back
Top Bottom