• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Traveling to Maryland with a "Firearm"

Alex_V

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
71   0
Reaction score
Going to travel from GA to MD (South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland). So, my understanding is that you can have long guns or shotguns with you in a car. But pistols/handguns are prohibited in MD. What about something like Shockwave, which is classified as a "Firearm"? Any insight on the legality of travel with one in car?

Going to travel from GA to MD (South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland). So, my understanding is that you can have long guns or shotguns with you in a car. But pistols/handguns are prohibited in MD. What about something like Shockwave, which is classified as a "Firearm"? Any insight on the legality of travel with one in car?

Even if you got an official answer from LE in MD, how would you know whether or not they knew what they were talking about?:mmph:
It would take Government Officials (LE/ATF) days or weeks to determine that. I think they hire the most incompetent applicants. :wacko:

I'd be hesitant to enter Maryland with any firearm. You'll be a target for LEO anyway since you'll have out of State plates.
Leave your hi-caps at home please. Nothing more than 10 rounds and NO so called "Assault Weapons."

This is sound advice. If it were not for a family matter, I would stay out of that craphole liberal state.

IIRC, I think I read once that Virginia doesn't allow long guns in a car, or maybe it was a mag capacity issue? So they were getting around that by keeping Dracos and such, which was legal for them to have with the 30 round mags.

I'll have to see if I can Goggle it, so don't quote me on that quite yet...

I may have got my states mixed up, I remember reading it though...

Looks like open carry without a permit is legal in Virginia? And it looks like it's a reciprocal state as well.

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_Transporting.shtm

Back
Top Bottom