• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tried to be a Glock owner but just cannot do it.

Imagine you're immune to marketing and you get to pick a free gun, EDC or otherwise, from a table covered with every conceivable make and model. If there were no supposed 'reputations' and no brand markings on these guns and you hadn't been "educated" by others what was "best", and you only had ergonomics, features, aesthetics and your own test firings to go by, I'm fairly confident Glocks would be looking pretty lonely on that table at the end of the day.

I've owned a few Glocks, probably less than five. But i find myself coming back to them for a couple of reasons.
Dependability
Not worried about scratching them up
Reasonably priced
Good selection.

I don't buy Glocks because they're pretty. It took me year's to talk myself into striker fired gun's, i used to hate the idea. But I've drawn use to them and one of my favorite edc’s. A G21 sf. With a great holster from gearcraft, hardly notice it there.

I've owned a few Glocks, probably less than five. But i find myself coming back to them for a couple of reasons.
Dependability
Not worried about scratching them up
Reasonably priced
Good selection.

I don't buy Glocks because they're pretty. It took me year's to talk myself into striker fired gun's, i used to hate the idea. But I've drawn use to them and one of my favorite edc’s. A G21 sf. With a great holster from gearcraft, hardly notice it there.
On the dresser at home?

Imagine you're immune to marketing and you get to pick a free gun, EDC or otherwise, from a table covered with every conceivable make and model. If there were no supposed 'reputations' and no brand markings on these guns and you hadn't been "educated" by others what was "best", and you only had ergonomics, features, aesthetics and your own test firings to go by, I'm fairly confident Glocks would be looking pretty lonely on that table at the end of the day.

The marketing and annoying fan boys is exactly why I refused to even consider owning a Glock when I first started carrying. After trying everything else I eventually stumbled across a Glock19 and it won me over purely on it's own merits. Ergonomics and aesthetics are a subjective to the individual.

They are cheap, they are reliable, they have replacement parts available everywhere.

well after 25 years of glock ownership and just about every other brand of handgun, i still carry my glock 17. Gen 1,2, or 3. Because it just works. I think of it as the ak47 of hand guns. Not much to look at etc. But what i need my cary firearm for is to protect life not to look cool or feel good in the hand.
Other than my HK Mark 23 I have found no other pistol that i can 100% trust to work every time mo matter what. Now if coul just figure out how to carry that HK Mark 23 concealed . In the end what ever you trust To function 100% is what i would go with.

The marketing and annoying fan boys is exactly why I refused to even consider owning a Glock when I first started carrying. After trying everything else I eventually stumbled across a Glock19 and it won me over purely on it's own merits. Ergonomics and aesthetics are a subjective to the individual.

I have to agree wholeheartedly.. I am a Kimber and Sig connoisseur( Fan for you non Glock guys )... I bought a G17 G3 for the first time, and it blew me away. Accuracy, reliability, ease to break down and clean. Of course it is of the non-stippled variety, and bone stock. It is now my EDC....

It took me 20 years to get in their camp... I used to look down my nose at them, but not any more.

9l2gdWA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom