• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tried to be a Glock owner but just cannot do it.

Never owned a Glock. Have owned plenty of other brands. They just don't have anything about them in the looks department that makes me go WOW. I know it is more important that they function correctly and dependably but there are plenty others out there that do that and have that WOW factor. JMHO

I have to agree with some of this guy's reasons and add one. Due to the rifling of the Glock barrels you should not shoot lead ammo through it and would need to then buy another barrel to shoot lead ammo with. The damn gun should shoot anything you feed it period. Seems as if people purchase the Glock and then have to change everything out to make it function right or better. Why doesn't Glock just make those changes and sell the gun that way?

So you tried to be a Glock owner?
Did you buy one, not try it, and then sell it after you saw the video?

New definition for the word Glockenspiel:
Irrational reasons given by Glock owners to convince themselves they haven't wasted their money. Also, explanation as to why the greatest pistol in the world requires hundreds (thousands?) of dollars in aftermarket upgrades.

I HAVE BEEN SHOOTING COMPETITIONS WITH MY G34, 35 AND 21 FOR, WELL SINCE THEY WERE INTRODUCED, I RELOAD AND SHOOT NOTING BUT LEAD, NEVER HAD AN ISSUE, YET I DO THROUGHY CLEAN THE GUNS AFTER EVERY MATCH, SOME UP TO 300 ROUND NO LEADING ONCE BRUSHED CLEAN WITH MINIMAL EFFORT. SO, NO LEAD IS A GLOCK IS BULL, I;VE RAN VER 10K R
THRU EVERY CALIBER.

I'm not a Glock hater, but I prefer a VP9 for a striker fired pistol. I don't feel the need to hate something just because I don't prefer it, everybody has different tastes. I've owned plenty of Glocks and they work well for their intended purpose.

New definition for the word Glockenspiel:
Irrational reasons given by Glock owners to convince themselves they haven't wasted their money. Also, explanation as to why the greatest pistol in the world requires hundreds (thousands?) of dollars in aftermarket upgrades.
"Requires"?

So you tried to be a Glock owner?
Did you buy one, not try it, and then sell it after you saw the video?

Traded into one and tried it and then sold it because I didn't like it. Just a plain black gun with a block shape that wasn't comfortable to carry. I have gone to the local shop and looked at a few new ones but the ones I looked at were the same and then add a slide release you nearly had to stand on to get it to function. For all of the hype Glock gets I am just not impressed.

Maybe someone could run one over with a forklift to see if it still functions and that might impress me.

20f4nx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom